The Islam & Muslims discussion megathread

Guest Pauly

Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?

• Yes, please state why
    • No, people who say this are just thick & ignorant

Its not an ancient religion condemned to the 7th century BF- all due respect, the guidelines the Koran has is meant to be for all times- its a 'guide' a way of life- not religious blabber like you may find elsewhere.

See how easy I get into trouble?!

Didn't mean 'ancient' as in antiquated, meant it in terms of a long standing, religion which must have received due consideration over a long period of time :)

I state precedent:

In 2003 a Malaysian court ruled that, under Sharia law, a man may divorce his wife via text messaging as long as the message was clear and unequivocal.

Further information on Sharia Law:

The divorced wife always keeps her dowry from when she was married, and is given child support until the age of weaning, at which point the father gains automatic custody of the child.
Again, this is contradictory to our national laws, it’s pretty simple to see how Sharia law would grate against our current legal system.

But that law will be benefitting the woman surely? Its for her interest from an Islamic perspective. Alot of women in the national law have to fight for maintanence etc. As for custody, the man does not automatically get kids(there are conditions)

Tony, you've pulled "The topic of the day", and stuck it onto this Megathread, thus diluting it!

Why?

Is it generating too much heat? Maybe!

Does it save "Server Space"? No, of course not!

Why bother posting at all on a "Megathread" when current issues relating to the main CofE Churchman's thoughts are added to a load of old guff?

Naughty, naughty!

I won't post further on this topic......:cool:

I was thinking the same thing.

God forbid anyone posts two threads about any subject a they will just get merged and jumbled up ... or is this a rule only applied when ever the mods feel like it.

There are lots of threads about the Labour party, should they all be stuffed together into a megathread.

Come on guys this is the topic of the moment, here and just about everywhere else.

See how easy I get into trouble?!

Didn't mean 'ancient' as in antiquated, meant it in terms of a long standing, religion which must have received due consideration over a long period of time :)

Right. Now I understand.:)

But that law will be benefitting the woman surely? Its for her interest from an Islamic perspective. Alot of women in the national law have to fight for maintanence etc. As for custody, the man does not automatically get kids(there are conditions)

Depends, if the husband just wants rid of his wife he can just divorce her. At least in the UK system there is a process where they can reconcile. Also women are not given the same rights to divorce their husbands. Its a much more difficult process.

And yes they do automatically get the kids, I’ve seen it happen in a Iranian Sharia court.

Read up what Sharia Law is.

Depends, if the husband just wants rid of his wife he can just divorce her. At least in the UK system there is a process where they can reconcile. Also women are not given the same rights to divorce their husbands. Its a much more difficult process.

And yes they do automatically get the kids, I’ve seen it happen in a Iranian Sharia court.

Read up what Sharia Law is.

Iranian Sharia court is bound to have its own law given that they do not follow orthodox islam (they are mainly shias). But thats an altogether different topic.

I think you'll find that they think they're the orthodoxy and you're the deviant heretics. ;)

Yes- thats all part of sectarianism. Happens in all faiths doesn't it? But there is only one Quran and one message. Even the Prophet forwarned that islam would split into many branches- but truth always stands out from error. Many muslims who are orthodox stick to the basics and only follow the teachings of God through the understanding of the Messenger. Simple.