Anyone from Gleadless?

Did anyone know the Brammer's - lived on Mawfa Avenue 1957 to late 60's.

Mum Ivy, daughter Jean, daughter Carol, daughter Denise, son Stephen.

Ivy went to live at Hackenthorpe - she may not be alive now.

Edited by Organgrinder

Sadly a Gleadless Vallian died on friday,MY DAD......Rest in peace Ken Fiddler.

GOD I MISS YOU!!!

sorry to hear that paul R.I.P ken

Deano is that you ? the first New Romantic off gleadless (sorry 2nd Ian Williams was the first) Rob Dowling (Dingo) :huh:

Yep, it's him Rob!

Sadly a Gleadless Vallian died on friday,MY DAD......Rest in peace Ken Fiddler.

GOD I MISS YOU!!!

So sorry to hear that Paul, give our regards to you Mum.

Edited by lazarus

sympathies to you and your family Paul. xx

HEY richard!!!I know its not very clear but my avatar is of the 6 a side team from Rollestone school when we won the Sheffield Wednesday shield.your Pete next to me top row......

Fidds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly, I'm very sorry for your loss mate

Secondly, did you forget all about northern soul? Where did you go to? Our Claire is always saying 'what happened to that ugly bald bloke?!!!!!!!!!

We are still going to Rotherham Transport Club, Lyric Dinnington and sometimes KGB

Good to here from you

By the way did you say my brother played football?

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard.....UGLY!!!!!!FAT!!!!!!!!how very dare you!!!!

went to Sammies all nighter....you dint miss a thing....old blokes playing LABELS,if you ask me...not music I wanted to hear!!

OLDIES,OLDIES ,OLDIES all the way for me.catch you later.I have Officially retired from ALL-NIGHTERS NOW..I .did the whole night ...nearly killed me(bordem mainly).

I grew up in Gleadless Valley on Landseer Close andwent to Gleadless Valley sec school.. some teachers were Miss Mills (gym teache always tanfastic) my first teacher was Clive Cooper (1P) he was so gorgeous all girls in first year in awe he went off to work on a tanker, he took all our class to Rivelin Valley on a saturday once nothingorganised we all met at Top Rank and got a bus from Pond Street had great day. Some people I remember Lesley Wheeler/ Margaret Shaw/Nicholas Setchfield (was boyfriend for couple of years hahah)/John saville/Janice Wilson/Angela Wingfield/Barbara Wade/chris ibbotson/trevor wild aaah happy days

well twinky you have a very good memory! it was christine jolly and her brother the cyclist brian who represented england in the mexico olympics . me and christine jolly , and christine siddall all shared the same birthday , my mum got me cards for them but i always prefered a bar of galaxy from them lol.we all went to arbourthorne school to start with as bankwood wasnt built . but it was rollestone to us .and mr mallaband kept us on the straight n narrow lol. names from off of the top of my head were,steven taylor , jimmy allen , johny crocker, tony slack, richard grinham, rolland and roy, steven o brian,trevor fox,keith wragg,phil booker, phil brooks, and dave duroe , and the girls? pamela caps,pauline street,yvonne woods,carol pollfriman,and joanne glossop, and who can ever forget the legendary mr scofield , he called me the proffesor, and had me sawing wood in class whilst everybody else did maths !! and then took 3 of us up to his house to build a garage frame work up !! try doing that today and the goody goodies would have had him arrested !! but it was all fun to us ! omg! i could write a book ( might do yet!! ) and we havent left for gvss yet!! respect to you all trev.

My eldest brother, Robert, would have been 9 in '65. I remember, the Bayliss's, the Jollies, John Bottomley, Ian Brady, Robert Burton, the Jarmans, the Wards, the Deakins, a chap called Craig (who had no legs), Zoe Pashley and many more...

I went to Ashleigh School, had to walk up Gleadless hill / the quarry path every morning!

hi there its trev from the terrible jarman family lol, and your dad was a star with his medical training he helped save my sister that fell into the tar couldron . and i always got on with ya mam as well, so good to hear from you . respect trev.

I grew up in Gleadless Valley on Landseer Close andwent to Gleadless Valley sec school.. some teachers were Miss Mills (gym teache always tanfastic) my first teacher was Clive Cooper (1P) he was so gorgeous all girls in first year in awe he went off to work on a tanker, he took all our class to Rivelin Valley on a saturday once nothingorganised we all met at Top Rank and got a bus from Pond Street had great day. Some people I remember Lesley Wheeler/ Margaret Shaw/Nicholas Setchfield (was boyfriend for couple of years hahah)/John saville/Janice Wilson/Angela Wingfield/Barbara Wade/chris ibbotson/trevor wild aaah happy days

hi there , cooper junior went into the RAF but as you say he left his mark lol. one of them was on brassnecks face after we had all finished metalwork with brassneck mr simpson, and asked cooper junior to let us go and wash our hands on the landing toilets, but he said go back to metalwork and wash them , we only wanted a fag but went down , simpson let us all wash our hands but like a scene out of kes he lined us all up and wacked our hands with a steel rule , we got back to cooper juniors and most of us had tears in our eyes . cooper junior was furious and went down and punched simpson in the face STRIKE 1. and his 2nd strike came when he worked the bar in the nailmakers, and like just like SIR in fen street he didnt mind serving ale or fags out of school but he got a caution from leopold street so he decided to leave !! shame really because everybody liked him .

Hello anyone here from Gleadless Valley from 1962 to 1970 if so send message :D:banana::headbang::wave::roll:

yes im from plowright way !