MI5 accused of 'ignoring' July 7 bombers

The MI5 intelligence service will be questioned by a parliamentary committee after it emerged that it tailed two of the July 7 suicide bombers but took no action because they were judged to be "peripheral" figures.

HERE

The MI5 intelligence service will be questioned by a parliamentary committee after it emerged that it tailed two of the July 7 suicide bombers but took no action because they were judged to be "peripheral" figures.

HERE

Damned if you do, damned if you don't .

They weren't part of Operation Crevis the news said, the priority was to foil the 'fertaliser' plot and as they were not directly linked to that plot they were not treated as high risk.

Courtesy of The Times:

Senior Pakistani intelligence sources told The Times that agents had monitored the group of “English boys” and alerted British agencies that they were planning to strike in Britain.

A high-ranking official said: “There is no question that 7/7 could have and should have been stopped. British agencies did not follow some of the information we gave to them.”

Was 7/7, in 9/11 parlance, a LIHOP (let it happen on purpose) event? In other words, it suited the forces of the New World Order for the attack to go ahead in order to strengthen the case for a crusade against Islam. :suspect:

Apparently MI5 had known about Khan since early 2004, and were aware of his association with Omar Khayam. Knowing this, I would have thought that MI5 would have kept a very close eye on him.

Apparently MI5 had known about Khan since early 2004, and were aware of his association with Omar Khayam. Knowing this, I would have thought that MI5 would have kept a very close eye on him.

In principal I agree with you but when you have 7 men with 600kg of fertaliser and Khan posing no 'severe' threat at the time I think they were right to focus their attention on the main suspects.

The more I read into this the more unbelieveable it gets, I have just been reading the guardian online, there is a whole load of interesting reading there regarding MI5.

I have copy pasted this little gem:- Full article HERE

A man who was accused of being one of al-Qaida's leaders in Britain and who is alleged to have sent one of the July 7 suicide bombers to a terrorism training camp in Pakistan is living freely in the home counties and is not facing any charges.

According to evidence brought before the Old Bailey jury in the fertiliser bomb plot trial, XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX, a part-time taxi driver from Luton, is in direct contact with one of Osama bin Laden's most senior lieutenants.

According to what is being said, this guy was the mastermind behind the fertiliser bomb plot as well, but Police say there is insufficient evidence to arrest him.

I have blanked his name because he is local, and although his name is in the press, I have no idea about the legal position of putting it in this thread.

A man who was accused of being one of al-Qaida's leaders in Britain and who is alleged to have sent one of the July 7 suicide bombers to a terrorism training camp in Pakistan is living freely in the home counties and is not facing any charges.

According to evidence brought before the Old Bailey jury in the fertiliser bomb plot trial, XXXXXXXX XXXXXXX XXXX, a part-time taxi driver from Luton, is in direct contact with one of Osama bin Laden's most senior lieutenants.

According to what is being said, this guy was the mastermind behind the fertiliser bomb plot as well, but Police say there is insufficient evidence to arrest him.

QUOTE]

Why don't they just look him up in the phone book? There can't be that many people whose surname begins with "X".

This petition has been set up on the Downing Street website to call for a public inquiry into the July 7th bombings. IMO there should undoubtedly be one, but governments are notoriously reluctant to allow investigation into anything likely to embarrass them. :(

Thanks for the info, I will be adding to the petition :)

Archived