Mobility vehicles...info wanted

Only 'Rich' put the word 'Free' Skegness. I certainly don't think anyone actually thinks they're getting a 'FREE CAR'. Have been and had a read up on this and you do paint a very black picture Skegness. It would be a amazing stress of our shoulders to have a car that with all extras inc for the mobility money we get each month and i'm sure alot os disabled people/families of diabled people feel the same way. It would be a huge burden off our backs if we'd been able to get one.

I think High Rate mobility has to be awarded for a min 5 years too?

I think you can get a disabled parking badge for higher and lower rate mobility but the social services will help you out with that question mentalmomma

To be entitled to a free automatic car you have to get the highest rate of the mobility component of DLA (Disability Living Allowance)

It's not free, you will need to give up all of most of the mobility component...

Reg Vardys were very good at Hilsborough when I used them at Christmas

I think High Rate mobility has to be awarded for a min 5 years too?

I think you can get a disabled parking badge for higher and lower rate mobility but the social services will help you out with that question mentalmomma

no, it's only 2 or three years and you can use it to buy or leae a vehicle (car, van, or even a wheelchair)

Yes, we know 'It's not Free!' sorry, but good grief we have covered that already The only person to put the word 'free' also actually came back with conection to more helpful info aswell, so can we please just let the Free thing go, it's understood that one uses their DLA mobility side of their benfit to get a car, it is however very worth while to those who can get it and well worth the sacrifice.

I think that your first call should be to Motability- they've got a really friendly helpline, and they can answer lots of questions before you go to dealers to talk through your needs and which vehicles are suitable.

0845 456 4566

I`m sorry if i offended you Mentalmomma but i was just pointing out the fact that they are not free,as you know, but a lot of able bodied people who have nothing to do with disability of any type do think you get them for free,(i know this from first hand experience). My wife is severly disabled and we looked into it ages ago, but for us with me being Her full time carer,and the pitance i get in carers allowance we would not be able to afford to run a car.Anyway hope you can sort something out and all the best to you and yours. take care Skeggy