Mobility vehicles...info wanted

On the car side, I would reccommend taking it out on lease, that way the leasing company is responsible for the upkeep of the car, servicing etc, and they tend to change them every 2 years, but I believe there is a milage per year limit on them. On the disabled sticker, take all relevant documentation, DLA book etc to social services, along with a photo of the disabled person. If you phone them first, they will tell you exactly what is needed.

Good luck in finding suitable transport.

On the car side, I would reccommend taking it out on lease, that way the leasing company is responsible for the upkeep of the car, servicing etc, and they tend to change them every 2 years, but I believe there is a milage per year limit on them. On the disabled sticker, take all relevant documentation, DLA book etc to social services, along with a photo of the disabled person. If you phone them first, they will tell you exactly what is needed.

Good luck in finding suitable transport.

the lease is for three years and the mileage limit is 15000 per year to get a blue badge you go to howden house with two photos and the letter recievd from dla entitling you to the allowance and pay £2.50 it is issued there and then and one final part you have to have at least 12 months of the higher rate to be able to get a motability car

the lease is for three years and the mileage limit is 15000 per year to get a blue badge you go to howden house with two photos and the letter recievd from dla entitling you to the allowance and pay £2.50 it is issued there and then and one final part you have to have at least 12 months of the higher rate to be able to get a motability car

Cheers for that ricky36, I know it used to be two years that they changed them. I didn't realise that Social Services had started to charge for the disabled badges either, when did that start?

Cheers for that ricky36, I know it used to be two years that they changed them. I didn't realise that Social Services had started to charge for the disabled badges either, when did that start?

about four or five years ago and the time reqiured left on dla was changed from three years to one about 18 mths ago

• 2 months later...

we had to wait over 3 months for my sons blue badge? Mind you it was his first so maybe that was why?

Road tax can be a problem because if you want to be exempt the car has to be for the sole use of the disabled person. We don't have exemption on ours because my husband uses it to take the children to various places, sometimes to work and for his Scouting activities so we don't qualify for exemption. It doesn't mean the disabled person has to drive. Just that every journey is for his benefit.

Road tax can be a problem because if you want to be exempt the car has to be for the sole use of the disabled person. We don't have exemption on ours because my husband uses it to take the children to various places, sometimes to work and for his Scouting activities so we don't qualify for exemption. It doesn't mean the disabled person has to drive. Just that every journey is for his benefit.

someone told me that, does this seem stupid to anyone else? If i had it for my son, as its our family car does that mean when he's at nursery we cant use the car at all? What about after we've dropped him off ect, its a long drive from our house!