Anyone work at Tinsley Wire Ltd?

Dave Gibson did very well for himself after leaving Tinsley Wire! He's now retired but owned Riverside Motors with branches in various parts of Yorkshire.

I've worked at Tinsley for 25yrs now last 21 in Galvo. My Dad served 38 yrs !!!!

TOTALLY DIFFERENT FIRM NOW !!!!

No 1 Factory will soon be closing and demolished, Galvo and Wire Drawing have moved to No 2 side.

Workers treated like KIDS, current MD has a thing about chairs in Galv, he's been seen smashing one up !!!!(but he's on his way soon).

We used to be known for Quality but now it's all tonnages !!!!

If some of old Gaffers were still there they'd have a FIT !!!!!!

anyone remember ronnie harpham?

My dad worked there from the late forties until about 1957 in the sheet metal department. Anyone know a bloke called Leonard, he worked there also. I do have a picture of him and another apprentice with my dad.

Hi. The family I'm married into (Savages, of Plumpers rd. ) worked there for donkey's years. Bryan worked there all his life as a joiner in maint, say from the 1940's onward. My father-in-law Fred, also worked in maint, as roofer mainly. I also worked there in the late 50's, building an extention on a site whch had previously been owned by William Cookes. Lock-House Lane was at the side of it. Horace Grimston was bloke in charge. People may remember Bryan by the wooden wheel-barrow he pushed around all the works, with his tools in. On his retirement party at Tinsley Club, we all had a laugh when they wheeled in a posh replica of this barrow!

my dad worked there around 70s 80s David Maxfield anyone know of him?

:thumbsup:

my dad worked there around 70s 80s David Maxfield anyone know of him?

Yes I worked there from the early 70s, I was a truck Driver on Sheffield Road side (Wire drawing) Was a great time , well before health and safety ..lol.

I miss all the excuses that were given on friday nights to get sent home, my favorite being " A plane has crashed into the house" No one ever checked or got done for it ..oh happy Days

Dave Maxfield:thumbsup:

my husband used to work in fine galve from 1978 to 2003. his name is peter barker. he had some good times before he retired and still remembers most of the lads he worked with

When I wer’ a lad, we had canteens in both factories, you could get a breakfast or a bacon sarni on days and a meal or a bag of chips on afters and nights , a mug of tea or a pint of lime or orange. The little shop in No1 canteen sold fags and chocolate.

We had a Christmas meal every year, no matter what shift you were on, turkey, little sausages with bacon wrapped round them, loads of veg and gravy and a bottle of beer, mince pie, Christmas pudding and custard for dessert. Children of employees had a Christmas party every year and Father Christmas would always find time to turn up and hand out a few presents.

Guest makapaka

in the late 80's early 90's they had a good saturday football team that my dad used to take us to watch.

There was the Sports Club, with sections like Fishing, Football, Golf and Chess, successfully taking part in the Sheffield leagues. We even had a First Aid section which took part in local competitions and had an annual dance.

We had a purpose built Sports and Social Club at Ferrars Road, with facilities for all the sports teams as well as providing a venue for retirements or award ceremonies.

I worked at TW in 1969 -70 and now live in Australia.

Does anyone know how I can make contact with David Hayes?