Compact and scented plants

Find me a plant please, my green-fingered forum friends :help: I've got some steps and a path in my garden and I'd like something to plant at the side - preferably a shrub. It's a very narrow planting patch, and I'd like something scented and compact (height's not a problem though). I can only come up with lavender, but is there anything more interesting? :help:

why not try a honeysuckle? if height's not a problem, grow it up a wigwam...if you chose an early flowerer, you could then pop in some sweet peas for summer scent, or if you chose a summer flowerer, why not pop in some wallflowers for spring scent?

How about:

Lemon verbena, curry plant, lantana, Shrubby honeysuckle, Mock orange.

Annuals:

Dwarf Sweet peas, Alyssium, Stock and night stock for those evenings and also the Tabbaco plant which despite it's name has lovely scent at night also.

Brilliant ideas :clap: I'd forgotten all about honeysuckle (and I've already got one in a pot too :rolleyes: )

I think I might look into mock orange... I like the sound of that.

Not sure about a rose, Yellowrose! Its at the side of my path, so I don;t want to get too prickled - I'm not good at pruning stuff. Am I being daft, of so they do thornless roses?