Should cannabis be legal

Should Cannabis be made legal?  

362 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cannabis be made legal?

• Yes, but I have never tried it and would still not try it if legal
    • Yes, I have tried it anyway, so what difference does it make!
    • Yes, I have never tried it, but would if it were legal
    • Yes, but only for controlled medical use
    • No, I do not agree with it being legalised for any reason
    • Not sure either way

my inlaws rave about how all drugs are evil, then sit there with a basket of god knows what in their bathroom (really you should see some of the names in there) and an cabinet full of alcohol; gotta love the daily mail ignorance :hihi:

everyone is entitled to there opinion and i respect that. i myself have never taken cannabis but have witnessed many situations where use of the drug is destroying peoples lives and i personally think it is highly underestimated .

Most people I know who regularly smoked cannabis in their youth have some form of mental illness. Thats good enough evidence as I didn't smoke it and I'm not mad and neither am I.

It's obvious why cannabis is still illegal.

This horrible government and previous horrible governments and their health-obsessed, prod-nosed, control-freak administrators will try to stop ANYTHING that gives people enjoyment. If they can't actually stop it they will tax it as much as possible. People must NOT be allowed to choose for themselves.Only people obeying government orders, as in the army, are allowed to be killed ; you are not supposed to die of enjoyment !

Whilst the enforcers are chasing round and nicking these cannabis users and other monsters, it saves the police the trouble of chasing up those naughty little vandals and social misfits who make everyone's life a misery.Mind how you go , Sir ! Have a socially-responsible nice day.

i wonder if people with paranoid schizophrenia already think it's safe to take

It's obvious why cannabis is still illegal.

This horrible government and previous horrible governments and their health-obsessed, prod-nosed, control-freak administrators will try to stop ANYTHING that gives people enjoyment. If they can't actually stop it they will tax it as much as possible. People must NOT be allowed to choose for themselves.Only people obeying government orders, as in the army, are allowed to be killed ; you are not supposed to die of enjoyment !

Whilst the enforcers are chasing round and nicking these cannabis users and other monsters, it saves the police the trouble of chasing up those naughty little vandals and social misfits who make everyone's life a misery.Mind how you go , Sir ! Have a socially-responsible nice day.

those naughty little vandals and social misfits are the ones using cannabis why cant people recognise this!:confused:

The only thing that I will say is that while cannabis is used safely by many people with no ill-effects, the gateway-drug theory is true, 100% of users of hard drugs started with cannabis

The only thing that I will say is that while cannabis is used safely by many people with no ill-effects, the gateway-drug theory is true, 100% of users of hard drugs started with cannabis

1. There's no such thing as 'hard' drugs.

2. It is not true that 100% of heroin users [for example] previously used cannabis.

3. More heroin addicts previously used Alcohol than Cannabis.

4. All heroin addicts started off on milk.

5. The Gateway 'therory' is a crock.

Just my €0.02

i wonder if people with paranoid schizophrenia already think it's safe to take

No one has yet established whether cannabis precipitates 'schizophrenia' or whether 'schizophrenics' tend to self medicate with cannabis (not a good idea, but the CBNs do have a mild antipsychotic effect).

Additionally, I understand the term 'schizophrenia' is losing favour with the medical community, as it is an ill defined and nebulous condition, defined by a remarkably wide range of symptoms.

Not trying to look clever or anything but I've got an RCGP (Royal College of General Practioners) diploma in substance misuse and have written several book chapters on the subject. I spend one day each week seeing only patients using illicit drugs. Anything I have said is based both on my own clinical experience and on convincing medical evidence, the references for which you are more than welcome to.

Not trying to look clever or anything but I've got an RCGP (Royal College of General Practioners) diploma in substance misuse and have written several book chapters on the subject. I spend one day each week seeing only patients using illicit drugs. Anything I have said is based both on my own clinical experience and on convincing medical evidence, the references for which you are more than welcome to.

thats wicked you could give me some info please:thumbsup:

I bow to your expertise...

So what is a 'hard' drug then?

And the reference to where all (100% no exceptions) 'hard' drug users 'started' with cannabis woud be welcomed; abstracts are OK.

What are the comparitive figures for 'hard' drug users starting on alcohol and cigarettes out of interest? Lower?

So what is a 'hard' drug then?

One with a cap on, a scarf and carrying a baseball bat.