Mouth infections

Does anyone know the best way to get rid of mouth infection and stop it coming back? The dentist said use corsidyl but it's not working and it tastes foul. I keep getting the infection coming back all the time as soon as one goes another comes:mad:

there is a green corsydol which tastes a little better!

there is a green corsydol which tastes a little better!

Thats what I used it tastes foul. U can't taste food after and the minging corsidyl taste stays in the back of ur mouth all the time.

Do you know why you're getting an infection?

My girlfriend gets white gunk appearing in the crevices at the back of her throat when she eats a lot of dairy stuff - especially blue cheese. Which is a shame, 'cos she love the stuff.

Maybe try cutting out dairy for a week, and see if it makes a difference?

Do you know why you're getting an infection?

My girlfriend gets white gunk appearing in the crevices at the back of her throat when she eats a lot of dairy stuff - especially blue cheese. Which is a shame, 'cos she love the stuff.

Maybe try cutting out dairy for a week, and see if it makes a difference?

I think someone else used my toothbush:gag: So now these infections keep coming back and won't go.

I think someone else used my toothbush:gag: So now these infections keep coming back and won't go.

Do you know that you can in fact get a mouth infection from a dirty toothbrush.? Change your toothbrush regularly, and even then disinfect it regularly in mouth wash. Use any mouth wash with Tea Tree in it.

Do you know that you can in fact get a mouth infection from a dirty toothbrush.? Change your toothbrush regularly, and even then disinfect it regularly in mouth wash. Use any mouth wash with Tea Tree in it.

Hmm I know now. I saw bits on my toothbrush and put 2 and 2 together that someone else used it:gag: It's gross. I'm worried now cos I get this itching in my mouth as well as it being really sore and red and the gums are receding the dentist said. He said I have to use this corsidyl all the time but its soo minging it makes me feel sick.

Please if anyone knows if anything else stops mouth infection post it. I have been told that not only can I need teeth removing but if it gets worse it can mean having part of the jaw bone removed!!! I'm on antibiotic and using corsidyl even tho its so foul but I'm really worried. I've even tried cutting out dairy but its not worked.

i worked as a dental nurse till recently and corsodyl can stain teeth if used neet constantly its been found in america that u can us 1% and its still as effective (the stuff u get in england is 2%) so you can dilute the corsydol in fact thats what we used to recomend doing for prolong use. it may help with the taste as well also u can now get tounge detoxers that are ment to be good maybe try one of those.

i worked as a dental nurse till recently and corsodyl can stain teeth if used neet constantly its been found in america that u can us 1% and its still as effective (the stuff u get in england is 2%) so you can dilute the corsydol in fact thats what we used to recomend doing for prolong use. it may help with the taste as well also u can now get tounge detoxers that are ment to be good maybe try one of those.

Thanx i'll try that and yes its stained my teeth! Do u know how long it takes for mouth infection to go properly? It goes for a bit but then comes back worse for some reason. I'm really worried about the infection getting in the jaw and having bone removed, I didn't know before how bad mouth infection can be. Has anyone else had it this bad?

it depends on how bad the infection is, i would say if when u finish the antibiotics it hasnt gone within to days i would go back to ur dentist for somemore anibiotics there are different one u can try (this is sweetbuthype on her b/fs addy)

it depends on how bad the infection is, i would say if when u finish the antibiotics it hasnt gone within to days i would go back to ur dentist for somemore anibiotics there are different one u can try (this is sweetbuthype on her b/fs addy)

Thanx i will but this is now 3rd antibiotic course so u c why I'm worrying :o

The dentist said mouth infection is common but it normally gets better quicker than this and now its got worse it can cause serious problem if it gets in the bone. Is salt any good 4 this? I hate the taste but I might try if it works