Zabiela & Fanciulli

Just seen on JZ's myspace that him and Nic Fanciulli will be making an appearance at UG on 27th April (it says at .zero but obviously that bit's wrong)........................... anyone who's seen him before will know just how rather sillily good it's going to be. Only problem now is that's about every weekend between now and May that I'm going to be out :gag:

Well Up for this, whats zabiela playing these days ? Hopefully techy house/Prog House and breaks rather than the bleppy farty plinky plonky crap everyone seems to be playing at the mo

Remeber he played a breaks/prog remix of goldie - inner city life @ wild in the country a coupld of years back still not managed to track it down yet :mad:

JZ is overrated

I really, really hope you are being sarcastic. He is an incredible talent and has completely blown me away every time I have seen him play (about 5 or 6 times now). Anybody who witnessed his "thank you" at the end of his set last time he played UG at Fusion & Foundry will testify to what an amazing DJ he is.

I did indeed witness the 'thank you' at the end of his last UG set and just stood there amazed as did most people.

Saw him at Warehouse Project in Manc in December where he was immense as usual, shame I couldn't say the same for the rest of the night.

Didn't they both play like, yesterday?

I really, really hope you are being sarcastic. He is an incredible talent and has completely blown me away every time I have seen him play (about 5 or 6 times now). Anybody who witnessed his "thank you" at the end of his set last time he played UG at Fusion & Foundry will testify to what an amazing DJ he is.
here comes the slaughter.

ok he is a technical genius, unparralleled when it comes to playing with the toys in the dj box. he is essentially an hiphop dj. a mixologist. a true technician.

if however you want to dance and hear great music hes not the dj for you. if you want to lose yourself in the music and let the music take you hes not who you want to see.

if you want to watch a skinny little dude scratch his ass and mess around with toys and eq records and just generally disrupt the flow of the records for minutes at a time while he messes around to his hearts content and faffs around on 6 decks then hes your man.

if you want to stand around on the dancefloor looking around waiting for a record to come on then go see him, you'll love it.

hes a corporate whore for pioneer and a dj oddity, a freak show, but what do i know? each to their own and you should really see him once because he is amazing at what he does:thumbsup:

here comes the slaughter.

ok he is a technical genius, unparralleled when it comes to playing with the toys in the dj box. he is essentially an hiphop dj. a mixologist. a true technician.

if however you want to dance and hear great music hes not the dj for you. if you want to lose yourself in the music and let the music take you hes not who you want to see.

if you want to watch a skinny little dude scratch his ass and mess around with toys and eq records and just generally disrupt the flow of the records for minutes at a time while he messes around to his hearts content and faffs around on 6 decks then hes your man.

if you want to stand around on the dancefloor looking around waiting for a record to come on then go see him, you'll love it.

hes a corporate whore for pioneer and a dj oddity, a freak show, but what do i know? each to their own and you should really see him once because he is amazing at what he does:thumbsup:

You really don't know how wrong that statement is. I've met him a couple of times (only very briefly and he certainly wouldn't remember!). I am from his home town of Southampton and a few people I know are well aquainted with him. He is actually one of the most down-to-earth and generally nicest people you could ever hope to meet. Yes he has strong connections with Pioneer - going to Japan and helping them design the EFX1000 for starters - but to call him a corporate whore is way off the mark I'm afraid. If a company like Pioneer came along and offered you a huge sum of cash to help them design their latest toy, would you say no?

I do take on board your other comments though and have heard similar remarks from other people. As a DJ myself I can fully appreciate the effort that goes in to his sets but he is so good at what he does, uneducated people wouldn't realise just what he is actually doing behind the decks, they would just assume that it is all part of the tune he is playing and therefore not be as impressed.

It also helps that I have always been into the stlye of music he plays, going back to when he first hit the scene playing prog, so again I understand that his style does not appeal to everyone

JZ should and no doubt will be the standard on which future Jocks will be judged upon.

he most certainly is the hottest property on the UK circuit today, and no one else comes close.

Sounds good, I've never seen him live before... I've heard mixed reviews so I want to make up my own mind! Anything that seems to have music snobbery attached to it is worth checking out I think, if only to see it proved wrong

I liked the Utilities CD, but got bored of it rather quick.

Never heard him in a club. Although i only realised after the event that he was playing the Discoteque in Space (Ibiza) whilst we were out on the terrace so miseed an opportunity there. Doh!

:(

just to clarify, this event willbe at the fusion and foundry and there are more artists being added to the bill. stay tuned...