Strange shop on West Street.

I am sure there is / was a similar type of shop in Broomhill if anyone is interested.

There has been one in / around the Forum for as long as I can remember...

Lol, yea the one in Broomhill seemed to close as soon as the loophole in the Mushroom law was changed, funny that

In my experience these shops do not sell their products to minors. They also most certainly do not sell anything illegal. It would not be worth it to them - they have a good viable business (they don't make people buy anything, the market is there for it!!!) which would only be ruined if illegal activity was spotted.

They obviously do not 'canvass' people into their shop, most people on the board who are not interested by this type of shop are unaware of it, suggesting that it is those who want to find it that do.

I have no desire to patronise those who make the choice not to take illegal drugs, but I do not deserve to be condemned for my personal choices, that do not affect other people.

they sell legal drugs that at night time smell a lot like cannabis while walking past the shop...do they not?!

Probably cannabis insence...

Because i have no desire to get involved in drugs even those that are technically legal (and lets face it we are talking about legal technicalities here).

Hmm lets think alcohol, techincally legal ruins lives, kills but a good taxable product. Fags, techincally legal, kills people but a good taxable product

So you dont drink? Never had a fag?

t***er

well said! although i don't mind people being patronising to me for not taking drugs, bit mental really! but i'm happy knowing that i'm not at any higher chance of dying for the sake of nothing. i've got much better things in my life to give me natural 'highs' without needing to put some chemicals inside to do it for me! but everyone has to make their own choices, so long as they don't hurt me or my family they can do what they want!!
#

You eat, breath and drink chemicals everyday and have done since day 1

Why arent you dead yet?

"heads" was the late 60s term for hippies (sort of) and so a "headshop" is a hippyshop.

"bud" is generally used these days to mean marijuana - though more speciflcaly the actually bud of the plant.

I'm sure that will help the debate along a little...

Thanks for that. As I said before it is a whole different language, and as any George Orwell reader will know controling the language is an important tool.:suspect:

I think the answer lies with cotton buds, The makers try to tell you that they're for cleaning in between baby's toes and insect jousting competitions when everyone knows they're really for having a good ole poke down your ear canal.

I think if the government was serious about it, they should stop people selling products with no other use than with illegal drugs. I doubt it would make any difference to the number of people using drugs though. I think the only plausible arguement against these shops is not what they supply (you could just use other pipes, agricultural equipment etc..) but that they in some way legitimise illiegal drugs. i.e. it shows that other people also use illegal drugs.

I'm sure other people must have noticed this shop. It is approximately opposite Tesco and seems to be conected with drugs.

No doubt it is totally legal and doesn't actually sell any illegal substances but it gives the impression of encouraging drugs.

Wondered what other people thought of it.

always stinks of poppers-and they all look a bit dodgy round there! i suppose its so open and obvious the police wouldnt think to look there!

doesnt look like hes hurting anyone and to be honest id rather party in a place full of drugs then full of drunken people - everything in moderation.....

...as shes sits and waits for head biting off.........:o

Speaking of language I have just noticed that the title of this thread has been changed from 'dodgy' to 'strange'. Why?

Speaking of language I have just noticed that the title of this thread has been changed from 'dodgy' to 'strange'. Why?

Because if everything the shop sells is legal and above board, there's nothing dodgy about it, and to suggest otherwise could be seen as a slanderous insinuation. (I presume).

I doubt if half their customers actually take any drugs but they want to buy the paraphernalia of it that makes their mates think they do :)

If true then this says a lot, ie drugs are 'cool'. Yet who says so? It is always amazing that people who like to pride themselves in being such rebelious free thinkers on this really are so influenced by peer groups, who in turn are influenced by...... well who knows.

Hmm lets think alcohol, techincally legal ruins lives, kills but a good taxable product. Fags, techincally legal, kills people but a good taxable product

So you dont drink? Never had a fag?

t***er

Yes never had a fag (unless you count passive smoking).