Does anyone know if Roxys has re-opened?

someone told my friend that this has reopened as Roxy Kingdom or Kingdom Roxy... ive never heard it had re-opened..!!!:huh:

I work near there and the building looks the same. Still unsafe for public to use and there is no new name sign or anything. So i doubt it has, although i could be wrong.

Read in the paper not so long ago that they were planning to knock the place down & build someting else in it's place.

I don't think it's safe enough in it's current condition to hold any event's, and would cost way too much to bring up to safe standards.

Read in the paper not so long ago that they were planning to knock the place down & build someting else in it's place.

I don't think it's safe enough in it's current condition to hold any event's, and would cost way too much to bring up to safe standards.

yes drive passed it on the way to work near the nova hotel its dead :gag:

I work near there and the building looks the same. Still unsafe for public to use and there is no new name sign or anything. So i doubt it has, although i could be wrong.

Indeed, it is totally unsafe for use, and will be demolished, when the right new scheme comes along.

Indeed, it is totally unsafe for use, and will be demolished, when the right new scheme comes along.

sad:( a good old sheffield land mark bites the dust :cry:

sad:( a good old sheffield land mark bites the dust :cry:
hear hear! that place was cool(i was 16!!) my parents met there too! Top Rank!

hear hear! that place was cool(i was 16!!) my parents met there too! Top Rank!

Yeah my parents met there too, at grab a grandad night!

Anyone know who owns the building and what it's like inside now ?

Are there any traces of Roxy's inside ?

Anyone know who owns the building and what it's like inside now ?

Are there any traces of Roxy's inside ?

The last people to use it was a "church", I think they divided some of the building into seperate rooms.

Yeah my parents met there too, at grab a grandad night!

hehe! no this was when they were 16-yrs ago! PS i used to go to over 25s night too -was it tuesday? SAD SAD:D

someone told my friend that this has reopened as Roxy Kingdom or Kingdom Roxy... ive never heard it had re-opened..!!!:huh:

EH?

The latest about this place is that it's definitely going to be knocked down; it must have been empty for about 5 years now; before then, it had been a church for a couple of years...

Re. Kingdom, presumably you mean the one opposite Cole Brothers near Barkers Pool. Isn't that closing down (or maybe relocating) at some stage?