Mountain Bike Routes In & Around Sheffield

Post removed

Edited by 2thin2swim

Hi..

Got my boyfriend a mountain bike for Chrimbob, and he's getting a little tired of just cycling out to Redmires Reservior.

Anyone know of any decent routes in the Peaks he could try? Especially anyones around Castleton and Wynatts Pass?

Cheers!

If he only rides as far as Redmires, tell him to carry on up the Roman Road, over Stanage and drop down into the Hope Valley!

Then the trails around Hathersage, Castleton, Hope etc are all within easy reach.

Although there's nothing quite so threatening as looking back up to Stanage edge, knowing that at some point you're gonna have to climb back up over it to get home! :)

There's a few good route guides for this area - tell him to buy a copy of "Dark Peak Mountain Biking" - available from the Singletrackworld shop:

http://www.singletrackworld.com/shop/acatalog/Books___Guides.html

:thumbsup:

Hey there

depends where you are to start off with, i like Mayfield valley, starting at hunters bar roundabout & heading up to forge damn & then to ringinglow, maybe then up to burbage edge & on the trail to fox house!, not addored by ramblers that last bit but hey!, rules are made to be broken!

I sometimes cycle out to Edale & then back through Hope & to Hathersage & then home to Sheff!

Me thinks you have to hit a bit of road occasionally, for a mtb user!

Rom

If you want something a little more adventurous you could try grenoside woods the top one. Has great moutain bike trails but be prepared to get muddy and fall off a lot.:thumbsup::clap: :clap:

There are trails running up Cave Dale towards Peveril castle from the back of Castleton. There are a number of good guide books available from amazon which should do your chap for a year or two, otherwise a few mates and I sometimes meet around 10 -10.30 am at Hunters Bar roundabout on a Saturday morning for a 17 mile ride.

Hi

I've just recently completed my technical mountain bike leadership training with the OTC and now I need to start gathering experience of leading mountain bike tours so that I can get the full qualification.

Is anyone interested in a free guided bike tour somewhere in the peak district?

This is for anyone of any ability and any age, I would gear the ride to your standards. All you need is a working bike (off road - i.e. not a racer).

I can give riding tips and training - this can be as big or a small a part as you like.

I can also give training on basic bike maintenance.

And the best part is its all free! You'd normally pay a fully qualified guide quite a lot I think.

Weekends/bank holidays only tho I may be able to do night rides for more experienced riders with the correct equipment!

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Tim

Heres a link to the course I completed in case anyone's interested:

http://www.otc.org.uk/leaderawards/technical.htm

hi again tim, its the unicycle guy

i come from a familly thats very big on cycling, me, friends and familly may well be interested. ill ask around and let you know hopefully in the next few days

will

Great, get in touch. Let me know what sort of level you're looking at and I'll see what the peak district has to offer.

Tim