Mountain Bike Routes In & Around Sheffield

There are trails running up Cave Dale towards Peveril castle from the back of Castleton. There are a number of good guide books available from amazon which should do your chap for a year or two, otherwise a few mates and I sometimes meet around 10 -10.30 am at Hunters Bar roundabout on a Saturday morning for a 17 mile ride.

• 2 months later...

Hi

I've just recently completed my technical mountain bike leadership training with the OTC and now I need to start gathering experience of leading mountain bike tours so that I can get the full qualification.

Is anyone interested in a free guided bike tour somewhere in the peak district?

This is for anyone of any ability and any age, I would gear the ride to your standards. All you need is a working bike (off road - i.e. not a racer).

I can give riding tips and training - this can be as big or a small a part as you like.

I can also give training on basic bike maintenance.

And the best part is its all free! You'd normally pay a fully qualified guide quite a lot I think.

Weekends/bank holidays only tho I may be able to do night rides for more experienced riders with the correct equipment!

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Tim

Heres a link to the course I completed in case anyone's interested:

http://www.otc.org.uk/leaderawards/technical.htm

Originally posted by tim_rutter

Great, get in touch. Let me know what sort of level you're looking at and I'll see what the peak district has to offer.

Tim

We go cycling in the Peak on the tissington trail.

We camp at Pomeroy (near buxton) the farm we stay at is on the trail and have a nice cycle into Ashbourne, a lovely little village.

It is all on dis-used railway lines that have been removed so there is no traffic to worry about.

You can hire bikes along the trail, you need a £50 deposit though.

Cannot wait for this season starting.