Sign in to follow this  

Grrrrrrr!! Post-It notes make me mad.

Why can't someone invent post it notes that actually stick to things for more than 2 seconds?!!!!

Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

It's obviously a bad day at work for you ;)

Now are you using bona fide 3M post-its or are you using an inferior brand of "sticky note"?

I have always found post its stick quite well.

cant believe I replied to this, but there you go. Apparently repositionable adhesive was and accidental invention found when a 3M boffin was experimenting with stronger adhesives for us in sticky tape.

It took 22 years before the adhesive actually ended up on a post it note. Quite an interesting story.

Originally posted by Phanerothyme

Now are you using bona fide 3M post-its or are you using an inferior brand of "sticky note"?

I have always found post its stick quite well.

cant believe I replied to this, but there you go. Apparently repositionable adhesive was and accidental invention found when a 3M boffin was experimenting with stronger adhesives for us in sticky tape.

It took 22 years before the adhesive actually ended up on a post it note. Quite an interesting story.

No, you've been fooled! It was Romey and Michelle who invented the Post It Note, I quote 'y'know those yellow sticky things - that was us!'

Have you not seen Romey and Michelle's High School Reunion? :loopy:

Mistake of wrong kind of "sticky note" compounded by use of wrong kind of forum for resulting belly-aching on the subject...

3M have now brought out "Super-Sticky" Post-It Notes as well as standard ones. These extra sticky ones will stick better to metal, plastic and non-paper surfaces. That should solve your problem!

(And as an earlier poster said use proper 'Post-It' 3M branded ones. Cheap own brand imitations are pants)

Originally posted by designbunny

Why can't someone invent post it notes that actually stick to things for more than 2 seconds?!!!!

Ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

agreed, but WTF has this got to do with Sheffield?!

Moved to General Chat.

its got everything to do with Sheffield, since i am at work in Sheffield lol!

But yes, quite right to move it here!

Dont use post it notes.

Get messages emailed to you. I wont take post it notes on my desk. People want to leave me a message email it.

:D

And yes I am quite arsey at work, and can get away with it.:D

Top Tip:

If your Post-It note drops off, stick it back with Blue Tac!

(If you don't have any Blue Tac you may find that a couple of nasal bogey's will work just as well):)

I don't use bogeys. I prefer the brown sludge you cough up after a Marlboro.