Spelling

Yes, what gets me is all companies like this have an equal opportunities policy but yet when it's comes to dealing with someone with a disability they have no idea. There were good with her to a certain extent, letting her retake the test and giving her more time but it would really be better if they found a different way of testing her general intelligence. She has ways of overcoming her dyslexia so when in a job it wouldn't be a problem. It makes me so angry.

right what im about to say is going to get some back lash but....

i rite like dis cos its easier!!

i can turn it on when doing my assignments and off again when im writting an email, tx or on a forum!!

sorry if its not what you want to see, but you can still understand it!!

but this is modern slang.... whether you, me or the queen dont like it!!!

times change and so do short cuts!!

it take far less time to write in tx language!! even in a tx theres predictive tx, people dont need to be able to spell anymore!! computers will do everything!!

:D

Originally posted by owdlad

Oh Mr high and mighty and how wouLd you spell WOUD in your perfect world......oh how the mighty are fallen.

There's a big difference between spelling mistakes and obvious minor typing errors, but thanks for bringing the error to my attention.

Correcting people is a public service. I highly doubt it affects their self esteem. If anything, it should boost it. A quick correction will leave them feeling warm and fuzzy inside, safe in the knowledge that someone out there cares enough to try to help them out.

Normal spelling errors or inaccuracies are not a problem for anyone. As has been pointed out by Mimi, our brain reads the whole word. so we usually ignore errors naturally. Most people would have to make en effort to analyse a string of words to pick up any errors. Of course most people have more important things to worry about than bad spelling.

As far as the education aspect goes, I believe that there are far more literate people now than there were a few decades ago. I also think complaining about someone's ability in English is the same as complaining about their ability in any subject. I woudln't pick on someone for being crap at physics, so i'd be annoyed if anyone moaned about my use of English.

Text speak annoys me because I've never used it, so it takes more effort for me to read than normal English. However, I don't moan about it, I just deal with it. Life really is too short.