Sign in to follow this  

I need a car parking space!!

Does anyone have, or know of a car parking space in sheffield city centre that would be up for rent. Ive just spent loads o money on a car and insurance so that I can drive and have just found out that I have at least six months waiting to get a space in the company's car park. Any information at all would be gratefully recieved :thumbsup: as ive already phoned NCP and there havin a laugh with the prices they charge. Cheers

Guest Mod_Man

Sell the Car and get a Pedal Bike. Failing that just do what everybody else who doesn't like to pay for parking does. Park in one of the estates in the area. On a more serious note there is a parking area behind stokes tiles on Thomas street.

Edited to say Welcome to the Forum.

There is a car park which i used to use - behind the Swim Inn on West Street...

turn down Cavendish St and the car park entrance is bout half way doen on right.... theres always a bloke / older lady on the car park watching over cars and taking money...

costs £3.50 per day / £2 on Saturdays - think they do a monthly deal as well...

much cheaper than any other parking in the city centre - unless you rent a private space...

Nunnery Square park and ride (just outside the city centre) do weekly tickets about 14.50 and a month one is 48.50 I believe. This allows you to carry on the rest of your journey via tram into town (which takes about 2minutes). Secure car parking to.

Use public transport for sheffield city centre, probably not what your wanting to hear and especially as we have increses in bus fares on the horizon.

glad i saw this post as i was going to ask the same questions - i bought a car in march after i had passed my test as i knew we had car parking at work, but guess what?>?? we moved, slap bang in the middle of town - on Campo Lane to be precise and i was wondering wheter there were any car parking spaces and how much they are? there is two of us so it will cost us half each - also, i see people parking in the Cathedral car park that dont work there - anyone know if you can rent those spaces??

If you tuen off WestStreet and go down oast Budgens, as if you were walking to the end of the Moor, then on your left is a big area where you can rent car parking spaces, it costs £70 a month tho...

Probably not for everyone bur the Park& Ride from Tesco on Abbeydale Road to Glossop Road is a steal at £5.50 for 5 consecutive days. You buy your ticket from the driver so no inconvenience there. Just a thought.

Other than that buy a LPG vehicle or have your car converted to run on LPG, get it registered with the council and park for free in any council pay & display places.

Basilrathbon,

Do you know how much jet packs cost? I might buy 1, then when i drive my car into city centre where i work i can use the jet pack to park it on the roof and save a fortune in parking fares!!!!! great thinkin. im just gona go look on ebay, thanx mate!!!

you can use my drive in the day and get the tram to work

Guest alyssa
Sell the Car and get a Pedal Bike. Failing that just do what everybody else who doesn't like to pay for parking does. Park in one of the estates in the area. On a more serious note there is a parking area behind stokes tiles on Thomas street.

Edited to say Welcome to the Forum.

Oh, so are you one of the people who parks in my space??! Which estate could you possibly mean near Stokes tiles? You're one of the ones I see from the window driving up and parking and walking into town and clearly doesn't live there?