Cops, Guns, Helicopters - at Halfway???

I live on the new estate opposite Morrisons at Halfway near Mosborough.

This morning at around 10am i looked out of my window to see police cars blocking the street, coppers with big guns marching around and helictopers surveying the area!

What i didnt see was the BAD GUY, does anyone else live here or has anyone heard what was going on - i thought i was in Baghdad, or even worse, the Manor!

If anyone can shed any light - it's like being in that desperate housewives show - who says the suburbs are boring!!!

Thats where my ex lives - but I can prove where I was at the time :hihi:

Could have been a police exercise. They do it near where I work every now and again, however there is normally a bloke playing the bad guy.

Could have been a police exercise. They do it near where I work every now and again, however there is normally a bloke playing the bad guy.

do they still use the stripe black and white shirt with a bag marked ' swag ' :hihi:

________

Concept x

Edited by Eric_Collins

surely not in a public street? they got fields for that stuff

Not sure, but I left the house at 8 this morning and the police helicopter was out then!!!

From a reliable source, armed Police attended to prevent a bloke with mental problems from blowing his missus away with a gun he was brandishing. Protecting the female who was being threatened and also the general public.

Maybe I don't mind quite so much now nearly being run into by the unmarked volvo hurtling along the dividing line of the A57 this morning ;)

That was the third traffic car we'd seen too - all blues 'n' twos :(

There are many operations that take place....many of which the public never find out about..

In fact, some of the most dangerous people are put in prison with only a small section being donated to the story in a newspaper.

Someone asked a question, try and keep the answers on topic.

Maybe I don't mind quite so much now nearly being run into by the unmarked volvo hurtling along the dividing line of the A57 this morning ;)

That was the third traffic car we'd seen too - all blues 'n' twos :(

3 police vans flying north up the M1 - something is going down! :D

Maybe they were having a race