The old houses off Penistone rd

Pop, came out of the homes V.J day for the big bonfire at night can't remember where must have been down one of the A,B,C streets

My great grandad used to own a house at the address of 24 lofthouse road and that grandad (Frank Timmins) grew up there.

Timmins Photo Circa 1910.

Children of John Thomas Timmins and Imogene Martha Jane Timmins outside 24 Lofthouse Road:

Back row left to right: Harry Timmins aged 10, Florence Timmins aged 11, Alfred Timmins aged 8.

Middle row left to right: Leonard Timmins aged 7, John Edward Timmins aged 13 (holding baby Wilfred Timmins) and Frank Timmins aged 6.

Standing front left: George Timmins 5 years old.

Hi Unregistered

I have sent you a PM, Please reply

PopT

Hi Flyer,I might be a young un but my brother was born in 1936.You might have known him Brian Marshall.Sadly he died when he was 59.He too lived in Canada,in saskatoon.

To peter5922 - Recieved you PM, if you refer to my #571 post on this thread, I knew Brian and Betty, I did not know them in the UK. fleetwood

Thanks Unregistered for the PM.

I'm still trying to trace the Timmins and Harrison Families originating in Owlerton pre 60's

Does anyone remember a chip shop on at the side of a bombed site on Park View Road opposite the top of Burnell Road.

As a kid I used to buy chips there, they were always cooked in dripping and tasted great.

Happy Days!

I lived in burnell road from 1955 till 1966 till i was 13 and i do remember the chip shop on park view rd.there used to be several different shops up top of burnell and park view til the demolition squad pulled it all down.i remember mary greens where my nan-nan used to buy balm [baking yeast],truffellis ice -cream,further up was the chip shop,few doors up was a sweet shop.opposite was mr.wards grocery shop opposite that on top of burnell rd was bullivants another grocery shop.does anyone remember these ?

ANYONE ON HERE REMEMBER THE SAVOURY FAMILY,FROM GRANT ROAD?

I MARRIED THE YOUNGEST DAUGHTER!:loopy:

I went to hillsborough primary school with a denise savoury !

Harry lived with his mum and never married, lived around 68 Parkside Rd,He was a roof tiler even though he weighed at least 25 stones, He was a good man and yes he drank in The Crown

I dont remember Harry but my late mum Barbara Shaw did and said he was a roofer,and at 25st he was so light on his feet he used to run across the roofs.

my aunty and uncle rose and joe taylor lived at no. 16

I had a good mate who lived at the bottom of Broughton road,actually on Penistone rd.

Lived in a big house,his name was Malcolm Mackenzie (custard) to his pals. He then lived on Rudyard and sadly died a few years ago.

I had a good mate who lived at the bottom of Broughton road,actually on Penistone rd.

Lived in a big house,his name was Malcolm Mackenzie (custard) to his pals. He then lived on Rudyard and sadly died a few years ago.

Or maybe cos u was only 5 at the time just seemed a BIG house in fact it was two up and two down:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Or maybe cos u was only 5 at the time just seemed a BIG house in fact it was two up and two down:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Actually 2 up, 3 down if you count the off shot kitchen. My mate Graham Turner lived in the front room with his mum. Graham's mum and Custard's mum were sisters.