The old houses off Penistone rd

hi retep

I knew Mousey but not seen him for years.

I do not understand your message fully, can you explain?

I know the Fieldhouse family was quite large and so they lived in several places-

PopT

Mousey would be more Old Tup on here's age.

hi retep

I knew Mousey but not seen him for years.

I do not understand your message fully, can you explain?

I know the Fieldhouse family was quite large and so they lived in several places-

PopT

which one do you mean pop? I know gordon and stuart have passed away.

" Mousey" Old Tup will.

Oh ar I remember "Mousey" Keith Fieldhouse he was in the year above me at Hillfoot School!.He was a bit of a lad in those days but I always liked him,he was a bit rough but not a bully like a few of his classmates!.I remember once him having a feight ont watur side with a lad with a glass eye I think they called him Ian Plant,anyrood up we had to wait while he extracted his glass eye and put it in his pocket! They squared up and Mousey knocked him out with one punch a reat disappointment what an anti climax after all that buggering about!.I have only seen him once since schooldays in the 80s in the Queens Hotel Mosborough,he still looked the same not a day older!.:hihi::hihi::cool:

keith was not one of the brothers their names were Donald Gordon douglas ian stuart and angus I did not know stuart had passed on but Donald the eldest passed away last year and was taken to grenoside on the back of a skip lorry which was published in the star

Oh ar I remember "Mousey" Keith Fieldhouse he was in the year above me at Hillfoot School!.He was a bit of a lad in those days but I always liked him,he was a bit rough but not a bully like a few of his classmates!.I remember once him having a feight ont watur side with a lad with a glass eye I think they called him Ian Plant,anyrood up we had to wait while he extracted his glass eye and put it in his pocket! They squared up and Mousey knocked him out with one punch a reat disappointment what an anti climax after all that buggering about!.I have only seen him once since schooldays in the 80s in the Queens Hotel Mosborough,he still looked the same not a day older!.:hihi::hihi::cool:

Mouse was a cousin of the hobson fieldhouses,he lived very near though.I think its strange how your memory works,I can see mouse now with his son in the farfield.

Does anyone remember the Harrison brothers Fred, John & Alan.

They lived on the front row of houses facing Hillsborough Park on Penistone Road between Dutton Road and Beulah Road.

I haven't seen any of them since I moved out and often wondered how their lives turned out.

They were gifted artists.

Has anyone come across any of them?

Happy Days! PopT

my grandmothers family came from fawley road (lily lacey ) there was about 10 siblings altogether and my other grandmothers family came from rawson street (alice shaw ) and her maiden name was piercy , i believe the piercys lived on rawson street also ,if anyone remembers these families send me a message sharon

didnt some laceys live at 43 anlaby street the top house in the yard. one of them called ronald

keith was not one of the brothers their names were Donald Gordon douglas ian stuart and angus I did not know stuart had passed on but Donald the eldest passed away last year and was taken to grenoside on the back of a skip lorry which was published in the star

Stuart has not passed away!! And they had another brother Duncan and two sisters. Donald's funeral arrangements were done maliciously by one family member against Donald's and all family members

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 13:33 ----------

which one do you mean pop? I know gordon and stuart have passed away.

Stuart has NOT passed away, he alive and well .

Stuart has not passed away!! And they had another brother Duncan and two sisters. Donald's funeral arrangements were done maliciously by one family member against Donald's and all family members

---------- Post added 17-02-2014 at 13:33 ----------

Stuart has NOT passed away, he alive and well .

Another Stuart lived at 511 Penistone rd brother alan was killed in car crash around 70ish , also what st did the Burgoyne's live on

Hi all I have read all the posts and sounds like you had a wonderful childhood filled with happy memories.

I know what I am about to write may seem off topic and random, but I wonder if you knew anyone that lived on penistone rd around the 1960's he worked in the steel works and had a son. He was a yemeni man in his late 20's/ early 30's. Sorry I am not sure what his house number was. But if you can PM me that would be great,

Thank you:)

---------- Post added 10-05-2016 at 23:59 ----------

Thank you dunreet. I was not able to reply to the private messgae as I am a new member and was unable to reply until I post up to 5 times due to the settings. How ever I would like to say thank you for your response.

If anyone else who lived on penistone rd and may have any information it would be great if you messaged me thank you

I worked for Wiggys washer engineer, used to work round that area vaguely remember Congo family Walt was the husband think it was on Lofthouse Rd relative lived on Hillsborough Place Mrs Burkinshaw.