Nick Griffin and Mark Collett Cleared

Free speech was the issue here if either of them had oversteped the line and gone into incitment then I believe the verdict would have been different .

I think this is not just a BNP victory it's a safeguard for everyone , if they had taken the BNPs rights away on Friday who would have been next ?

How can you say that you are concerned for right of free speech when you are an active member of a party with policies to criminalise speech in the media which 'promotes homosexuality' and 'racial-integration'?

On the contrary it could be a significant defeat for free speech. As Gordon Brown and the Lord Chancellor have already stated, the decision in this case indicates that 'free speech' is much too free, and they will be pursuing legislation to curtail it.

New Labour have to win back the Muslim vote before the next election and making any critisism of Islam an illegal act, even in private, looks like a good strategy to me :)

How in the name of the wee mannie (as Gordon might say) can someone who's in charge of running a supposed 'free country' say with a straight face, "'free speech' is much too free" :loopy:

Loony tunes, complete loony tunes.

StarSparkle

It's no good arguing with bigoted people like you about the BNP your always going to believe Searchlies infact you even quote them to the letter :huh:

How would you know - you have yet to try any sort of debate. And I wasn't quoting from Searchlite but from the BBC site discussing the original program 'Secret Agent'. Or are you going to try to claim that there is some conspiracy against the BNP?

As for personal insults you call the BNP as a group backward implying in that statement I assume that supporter and voters for the party are also backward or is the BNP an abstract thing and no people are involved then bleat about you being insulted for being called rude . Your agenda is clear rude little man even though other admin have asked for this thread to deal with the case not the BNP as such your intent on goading anyone you see has a BNP supporter so you can ban them in your oh so important position as admin :rolleyes: As personal insults go "rude" is very mild for you so no I wont be retracting anything .

I called the BNP as a party backwards - which I meant quite literally - they are a retrogade, isolationist and overwhelmingly unthinking party stuck in the past and with an inability to come to terms with the modern age. That was directed at the party - individuals or supporters within the party may conform to this or may be there for a number of other reasons. I have no intent of goading anyone whether I see them as BNP supporter and if you manage to remain within the rule of the forum there will be no reason for anyone to ban you will there. However insulting individuals isn't a good way to go about this.

Mod. Note

Just remember my earlier comments please - this is NOT the BNP thread - discussion of their policies goes there. Please restrict this thread to the issues DIRECTLY related to the case, it's outcome and implications.

brilliant news it is, maybe the start of something good after years of hurt and betrayal

Or are you going to try to claim that there is some conspiracy against the BNP?

No never how could there have been :rolleyes:

Your great :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

On the contrary it could be a significant defeat for free speech. As Gordon Brown and the Lord Chancellor have already stated, the decision in this case indicates that 'free speech' is much too free, and they will be pursuing legislation to curtail it.

New Labour have to win back the Muslim vote before the next election and making any critisism of Islam an illegal act, even in private, looks like a good strategy to me :)

Good point .

On the contrary it could be a significant defeat for free speech. As Gordon Brown and the Lord Chancellor have already stated, the decision in this case indicates that 'free speech' is much too free, and they will be

No never how could there have been :rolleyes:

Your great :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

And I'm sure that this 'conspiracy' forced Griffin and Collet to make deeply offensive and racists statements! Interesting how claims of conspiracy comes out to cover up deep flaws, incompetance and inability isn't it?

And I'm sure that this 'conspiracy' forced Griffin and Collet to make deeply offensive and racists statements! Interesting how claims of conspiracy comes out to cover up deep flaws, incompetance and inability isn't it?

There you go with your insults again rude little man :hihi: :hihi:

Back on topic if someones not inciting violence just pointing out what they object to in any religion is it right for Brown to propose new laws ?

There you go with your insults again rude little man :hihi: :hihi:

Gentlemen, gentlemen.

We're trying to keep this thread civilised. Please help us with that.

Thanks.