Plasma or LCD - Which TV would YOU choose?

DaBouncer

Plasma or LCD - Which TV would YOU choose?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Plasma or LCD - Which TV would YOU choose?

• Plasma TV's are the only way to go
    • LCD TV's everytime... they're the future... I've eaten it!
    • Neither... gimme a black and white portable anyday of the week.

The two biggest issues I came up with are

LCD - Response Time slow (in comparisson)

Plasma - Lifespan short (in comparisson)

Doesn't really help choose between them. I would probably go for an LCD with the lowest response time I could afford.

I agree, tried to watch world cup on LCD in Banner, sometimes it was like watching the Six Million Dollar man, got fed-up went to another pub from then on. The lag was horrendous.

I agree, tried to watch world cup on LCD in Banner, sometimes it was like watching the Six Million Dollar man, got fed-up went to another pub from then on. The lag was horrendous.

oh heck .... have i made a bobo in ordering an LCD? ( I have sky)

and ... its HD ready, to get High Definition, do i need a seperate de-scrambler type box fitted? and do i have to pay monthly for this service?

then again .... 36" for £399 .. i couldnt resist .. offeres finished now tho

and ... its HD ready, to get High Definition, do i need a seperate de-scrambler type box fitted? and do i have to pay monthly for this service?

Noooo, go view them for yourselves. Pubs are likely to have big and cheap LCD displays. Obviously cheap LCDs aren't going to be the best in the world but neither are cheap plasmas.

View both, pick the one you like best, it's the only way. They're your eyes after all :)

then again .... 36" for £399 .. i couldnt resist .. offeres finished now tho

Yes you will need to pay extra for a HD ready box, and yes the subscription is more expensive.

Sorry I just re-read your post...36" LCD for £399!?!?!? What make and model is it? A decent 32" is around £800+ from the better makes i.e. Samsung, Hitachi, Sharp, Sony, Philips etc.

Basically with this stuff you gets what you pays for.

You can also get HD content on a PC and stream it to your screen :) I have rather a lot and one of these.