How are the Royal Mail getting away with reducing their service levels ?

I told you they`d push it as far as they could and try to reduce the service as much as possible......

I attempted to post a fairly urgent letter last night in 3 (three, three, three !) different boxes* which had 7.15PM collections - until just recently - and ALL of them have now been "retimed" forward to 6.30. Needless to say the letters intended recipient will now have to wait until Monday at the earliest to get the letter through his door....

I bloody hate the Royal Mail so much.

B******s..........

* Neepsend Lane, Mowbray St and Ponds Forge ISC.

The point is the service is getting significantly worse whilst the price is going up.

sadly thats the way everythings going these days :(

councils

buses

to name but 2, feel free to add to the list :P

I recieved a package from Amazon last Monday, well actually I didn't, because the package was too big to fit through my letterbox, I had to trek all the way down the Pond St to fetch it! :rant:

I wouldn't mind but I have a busy week, I don't have time to faff about making unscheduled trips to Pond St post office!

PMSL! Faff about! I love that word! Mum uses it loads! :lol:

I recieved a package from Amazon last Monday, well actually I didn't, because the package was too big to fit through my letterbox, I had to trek all the way down the Pond St to fetch it! :rant:

I wouldn't mind but I have a busy week, I don't have time to faff about making unscheduled trips to Pond St post office!

...............and of course that's the fault of Royal Mail :loopy:

I told you they`d push it as far as they could and try to reduce the service as much as possible......

I attempted to post a fairly urgent letter last night in 3 (three, three, three !) different boxes* which had 7.15PM collections - until just recently - and ALL of them have now been "retimed" forward to 6.30. Needless to say the letters intended recipient will now have to wait until Monday at the earliest to get the letter through his door....

I bloody hate the Royal Mail so much.

B******s..........

* Neepsend Lane, Mowbray St and Ponds Forge ISC.

Why didn't you go to the mail centre on Brightside Lane ?

Or better still why didn't you post the letter earlier if it was so important? :loopy:

...............and of course that's the fault of Royal Mail :loopy:

yeah rich, you should be unemployed 24/7 and stay in the house, then youd be able to recieve it when they deliver it :P

they couldve sent it me then i couldve emailed it you :D

So get a bigger letterbox. Its hardly the posties fault that youve ordered something too big for him to post. What do you want him to do?

Or better still why didn't you post the letter earlier if it was so important? :loopy:

Brightside lane is nowhere near where I was going. You could take this to the Nth degree and say why don`t I take it all the way myself.....

I couldn`t post it earlier because I was in the shop till 5.30 and the SOBs now collect the mail from my local post boxes at that time. I could have made a special trip in the car (through rush hour traffic.....) but that`s hardly an efficient use of my time and it`s definately not environmentally friendly either.

Quite apart from anything else, why the f**k should I have to due to the RM cutting their service ?

I bloody hate the RM and the only thing that makes me feel better is the fact that about 30 to 40 people a week (that`s 1500 to 2000 per year) read this page ( http://aerialsandtv.com/whyilovetheroyalmailnot.html ) on my website !

Brightside lane is nowhere near where I was going. You could take this to the Nth degree and say why don`t I take it all the way myself.....

I couldn`t post it earlier because I was in the shop till 5.30 and the SOBs now collect the mail from my local post boxes at that time. I could have made a special trip in the car (through rush hour traffic.....) but that`s hardly an efficient use of my time and it`s definately not environmentally friendly either.

Quite apart from anything else, why the f**k should I have to due to the RM cutting their service ?

I bloody hate the RM and the only thing that makes me feel better is the fact that about 30 to 40 people a week (that`s 1500 to 2000 per year) read this page ( http://aerialsandtv.com/whyilovetheroyalmailnot.html ) on my website !

Were you bullied by a postman as a child or something?

Why?

The postbox at Broomhill used to have a last collection at 7.30pm 'til last summer then they sneakily altered the time to 5.30pm.

Who wants to travel to Brightside Lane insead of dropping the letters in a box which is on the way home? We don't even have the option of a late collection in the city centre any longer.

Why should we put up with this shoddy service? We are paying more for less. It's worse than in Victorian times. 24 hour city......you must be joking:rant:

It seems to me we live in an age where workers have to be very flexible to every demands of companies but on the other, companies do what they bloody want, putting up prices, cutting jobs and cutting services to maximise their profits and ignoring cutomers

I wonder what whack Adam Crozier's awarded himself for these "efficiencies"?

Were you bullied by a postman as a child or something?

1 I don`t actually blame the "posties" as the website page makes clear.

2 The reason I hate the RM so much is that (for the reasons given at the begining of this thread) they have increased the preasure and stress on me to a significant extent. We may only send out 4 or 5 packages a day but they are usually "time sensitive" and I hate letting down our customers.

QUOTE=Ned Ludd

The postbox at Broomhill used to have a last collection at 7.30pm 'til last summer then they sneakily altered the time to 5.30pm.

B******s.........