Do you remember what All Saints Church, Burngreave looked like?

shelby46

Hi,

Miss Sales was there when I was. She used to give the ruler on the back of the knees, and it really hurt! I was sometimes on the receiving end, often for little things. My mum came up and threatened her once. She taught my mum too many years before.

Hi, Arthur.

yes, Gillotts was there when I lived there.The smell was lovely and it seemed especially good on cold mornings going to school.

PLAIN TALKER - thanks for the pics, the inside of the church brought back a few memories, especially cold school assemblies and harvest festival where the whole school had to provide something towards it. :)

Hi was Miss Sales tall very thin black hair tied in a bun , unless she changed her styles in later years I can remember herArthur.

The beautiful interior of all saints, courtesy of picturesheffield

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/picturesheffield.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.refno=s04215

there are no pics of Allsaints' damage, but just "around the corner", the methodist church suffered this:-

http://www.picturesheffield.com/cgi-bin/picturesheffield.pl?_cgifunction=form&_layout=picturesheffield&keyval=sheff.refno=s01018

Hi Lovely pics just like I remember,re; damage to the church and school I do not recall any as such ,except the great big hole in the junction of the pavement and the wall just below the main gates a few slates off of course, Arthur.

Hi was Miss Sales tall very thin black hair tied in a bun , unless she changed her styles in later years I can remember herArthur.

Hi, This sounds like the same on. Her hair was grey when I was there though. My mum said she was keen on caning girls when she was there, around 1939ish I think.

yes, Gillotts was there when I lived there.The smell was lovely and it seemed especially good on cold mornings going to school.

It couldn't have been that good, or the rats from there wouldn't have come out from a hold in the ground adjacent to our outside toilet a hundered yards away, until someone filled the hole up with broken glass!

Hi Shelby I went to ALL SAINTS school from1934 to 1938 the head teacher was Mr Simon a very good man, he got me ,my first job, it was a bautiful church and it was sacrilege to demolish it, THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE A LOT TO ANSWER Arthur.

I can remember saying words to that effect about other sheffield ICONS and getting slated must have been the same people who knocked down the very same icons:confused::hihi:

please look at my thumb nail it's a picture of All Saints

Archived