Foreign prisoners to get cash to leave

and your alternative is....?

You really don't want to know. It'll probably involve severe applications of pain and an absence of common humanity........

Booting them out as 'other countries' do...?

What other countries?

Clearly, those with a much lower cost base re: police/army/border guards/etc find this cost -effective.

Those with similar costs to ourselves are few and appear (eg Germany/France) to boot them cheaply towards the UK.

I see that it's irritating but if your taxes were'nt being spent on this do you really think the government would give you the money back?.....

....or find something else to spend it on that you care for even less?

Why not take a practical and philosophical view of things, or start a new political party more to your taste?

What gets me is this '£37,500 per prisoner per annum' bit.:o

How can it possibly cost that much?:suspect:

You could feed/clothe the con on the £7,500 which by my reckoning leaves £30,000, which is a reasonable years income, to pay a guard.

That is: to pay 1 guard for 1 prisoner.

How can this possibly be the case?

The whole infrastructure of the prison - it's a bit more involved than one guard and cheap meals.

What gets me is this '£37,500 per prisoner per annum' bit.:o

How can it possibly cost that much?:suspect:

You could feed/clothe the con on the £7,500 which by my reckoning leaves £30,000, which is a reasonable years income, to pay a guard.

That is: to pay 1 guard for 1 prisoner.

How can this possibly be the case?

Good question.

Perhaps someone who works in the prison service would be in a better postion to explain.

I don't think it is just the cost of food and clothes but the overall expenditure associated with the costs of running a prison: staffing, medical services, lighting, heating, transport, building maintenance etc...

...as seriessix succinctly explains above:blush:

We need an expert economist here to explain all about 'costs' but one thing has always intrigued me about questions like this :-

In the case of prisons, if the illegal immigrants were kicked out of the prison and sent home, the prison would still be operating, presumably, after they'd gone.The infrastructure ......etc......would still be there for our own home-grown scum.

So, surely, the system would benefit by saving whatever it actually costs to feed, clothe......etc....each individual prisoner, plus--------there would be less overcrowding.

We always get these figures like, ' It costs X thousand pounds a year to do this or that ', but surely this question of infrastructure and the staff levels must be taken into account too. The prisons wouldn't all be shut down just because we got rid of a few undesirables.Also, what about the principle of the thing? Doesn't that come into it?

We need an expert economist here to explain all about 'costs' but one thing has always intrigued me about questions like this :-

In the case of prisons, if the illegal immigrants were kicked out of the prison and sent home, the prison would still be operating, presumably, after they'd gone.The infrastructure ......etc......would still be there for our own home-grown scum.

So, surely, the system would benefit by saving whatever it actually costs to feed, clothe......etc....each individual prisoner, plus--------there would be less overcrowding.

We always get these figures like, ' It costs X thousand pounds a year to do this or that ', but surely this question of infrastructure and the staff levels must be taken into account too. The prisons wouldn't all be shut down just because we got rid of a few undesirables.Also, what about the principle of the thing? Doesn't that come into it?

Of course maybe if the illegal prisoners were not allowed to come here then we might not have to spend a fortune removing them back to where they came from.:thumbsup:

Still soft touch Britain.

Perhaps if prisons were a place of punishment and not a holiday camp we would not get so many wanting to go back in.

why dont we say youve not earned your citizenship, so basically we cant be bothered with human rights as we have better domesticated/behaved monkeys so were gonna use a cheap ole bit o rope and hang you, then halal style food for the poor or sell the carcus for £2500, would be better.

so if i have no money no home and few prospects, it is to my knowledge by attempting to rob i might suceed and get £, if not i get free accomadation for 6 hours, if i do a few and get caught free accomadation for longer + £47, its a nice place we live in, should in not be our duty to become a nation of unruly c****

Perhaps if prisons were a place of punishment and not a holiday camp we would not get so many wanting to go back in.

Perhaps if people had the faintest notion of what being in prison is like we'd not get posts like the above.

why dont we say youve not earned your citizenship, so basically we cant be bothered with human rights as we have better domesticated/behaved monkeys so were gonna use a cheap ole bit o rope and hang you, then halal style food for the poor or sell the carcus for £2500, would be better.

so if i have no money no home and few prospects, it is to my knowledge by attempting to rob i might suceed and get £, if not i get free accomadation for 6 hours, if i do a few and get caught free accomadation for longer + £47, its a nice place we live in, should in not be our duty to become a nation of unruly c****

Nice,succinct,eloquent post.:thumbsup:

How much to drink now.....?;)