Sign in to follow this  

Car baby seats and fat backsides

How many of you have noticed the phenmenon where many parents install baby seats on the rear offside seat of the car, so that when they are adjusting it, or installing/removing the fruit of their loins, they stick their a**e out into the middle of a busy road, leaving the door wide open at the same time? These procedures usually takes several minutes and these people seem oblivious of other traffic on frequently narrow roads.

Can anyone explain why these students of Health and safety don't fit the seat on the rear nearside seat?:confused:

More than one child perhaps?

At least they are strapping them in though - it's very scary seeing kids in cars not strapped in at all. I don't know how people can be so irresponsible to do that.

Many have only the one seat. Kiddies seats are worst offenders but drivers do the same thing with brief cases, shopping and all sorts of other things.

I'm thinking of developing a technique for clipping their a**e with my wing mirror!

I have two children and quite often look after another. Personally I don't care how long I make other drivers wait it if means making sure they are safe.

I do try and wait until there is no traffic around before I start. If cars come along....tough.

Their safety is more important than an impatient driver.

Slightly off the subject, something that irritates me is people parking in parent and child spaces with no children. Trying to deal with small children especially when it rains just because some , generally male, lazy person can't see past their noses. I enjoy telling them they have left something behind if I see them return then point out it's a child.

Is the size of the a***s in question a problem to you, Ned? Or is it just the placement of the a***s?

Susie, clarify!

Size is quite immaterial to me, it's definately the placement. It so happens that these people don't crouch on their haunches but bend at the waist, thrusting their buttocks skywards with a gay abandon that serves to make their rears' look 3 times larger than normal. Would they do this in Italy? I think not.

It's the fact that it's one more illustration of the way that some think the world revolves around them and that eveyone else should adjust to accommodate them at all times

I could include pedestrians who cross the road (Walkman clapped to bonce) without looking, especially when they cut diagonally across a junction and there's the motorists who just fling their door open into the road without checking the mirror, or who pull away from the kerb without signalling/using the mirror.

I'm not banging on about folks with two chairs in the back but a lot of people put a single seat on the offside. I suspect they are too lazy to walk around the car from the driver's side and if people insist on doing this they should be made to wear flourescent yellow trousers as a punishment!

I'm not failing to see the hilarity of your post but another reason for the seat question could be this.

If the person has only one child then perhaps they prefer the child to be in view of them thus placing them in the other side. I did this when I only had one child so that I could see they were ok at all times.

Perhaps when you have children of your own you will understand, if you have not already.

Originally posted by bonny

I have two children and quite often look after another. Personally I don't care how long I make other drivers wait it if means making sure they are safe.

I do try and wait until there is no traffic around before I start. If cars come along....tough.

Their safety is more important than an impatient driver.

Slightly off the subject, something that irritates me is people parking in parent and child spaces with no children. Trying to deal with small children especially when it rains just because some , generally male, lazy person can't see past their noses. I enjoy telling them they have left something behind if I see them return then point out it's a child.

Could it be because of this not caring how long other drivers have to wait which makes them not care about parking in parent and child spots (without the child tho!)

As for the parent and child parking spaces, there clearly isnt enough of them to satisfy demand at certain times of the day.

I am tired of parents and their brats parking in their MPV's very close to my car in a normal spot then throwing their doors open into my car. its not cheap to repair, so now I park as far away as I can from other cars where possible. Cant afford the £60 every time I get a sodding dent (which is usually because somebody can't control their kids opening the doors).

I am speaking from experience - I took my old car shopping and on the way out spotted a Renault Scenic thowing its rear doors open, hitting my car hard enough to set the alarm off. Had a word with the parents who clearly couldnt have cared less.

If their safety is paramount (which i agree should be the case) maybe you should think about your own in the process incase one of these impatient drivers comes along and knocks you down in the middle of the road. You have every right (infact are bound to do so) in keeping your kids safely strapped in, but not at the expense of other drivers on the road.

Aside from all that, how many folks in here are also sick of parents taking their kids to a place like B&Q and letting them run amock whilst theyr choose paint or door handles or something? Why the hell do they need to be there? There are fork lifts, heavy trollys and generally unsafe items around, but should anything happen they will be the first to complain. How about either keeping them in check or not taking them there full stop.

Anybody know what the maximum age of the child is before the parent with child parking spaces become inapplicable?

Of course, it's always the stupid fat people that do this isn't it?

People who conform to society's 'normal size' status have far too much intelligence to even contemplate being so inconsiderate by ensuring the safety of their offspring.

I once waited patiently whilst some numb-skull placed her kiddie in its pushchair (fag in gob) on the offside of the car on Moonshine Lane.

"I know, I'll make sure little Angelica is safely fastened in during the journey, then when we get there I'll stand in the middle of the road and put her in her pram."

I didn't swear, I didn't toot my horn, but I hope she wasn't a mind reader. :loopy: