Do you vote?...yes, no or sometimes

I have voted every yr since I was old enough to vote which is prob about 50 yrs of voting. (can't remember whether voting age was 21 then )

I know that if I was not allowed to vote because I was female or because I was uneducated as some one said I would be most annoyed and would join the ranks of protesters, so therefore as I have a vote I use it

hazel

Anyone who voted new labour last time or three merely gave legitimacy to grinning chimp and trainer george - They are presumably proud of their achievements conducted in the name of the democratic voters.

The voters are also led to believe they were participants in effecting a minimum wage - Tell that to the the chinese cockle pickers or the polish immigrants.

The voters may also be of the belief that they were participants in affecting a ban on fox hunting - dont think so myself.

So what did the voters actually get that we can see in action in our own societies other that spot fines for farting after dark, increased crime rates, softer sentencing, overcrowded prisons, a colapsing health service, speed cameras on every corner, an improved answering machine when dialling police etc.

It is clearly essential to vote to save the country being run by unelected idiots

I do vote because as insignificant as my vote may be at least I can say I am participating in the process of deciding who works for us in government, and am not just sitting back, letting it happen and then complaining when it doesn't go my way.

I agree there should be a valid option for 'none of the above' or a legitimate opportunity to record objections.

And how much time does it take, really. Why not register for a postal vote?

The people will vote when they recognise a genuine issue worth voting for - They even pay for the privilege sometimes such is their conviction to the commitment of the person they are trying to elect. - It is called the X Factor- or Big Brother - Politicians could take a valuable lesson - i.e that voters are accessible if only the merit is there - sadly there is no meritous politician of which i am aware in day to day politics. If there were one politician - just one who did what it said on the tin... if only....

I really don't understand people who don't vote. We all surely have a duty to vote? And as someone has already said, this is something that wasn't a right for all of us until less than 100 years ago. If people who don't vote were suddenly told they couldn't, there would be uproar! I just have to think of the women who threw themselves in front of horses so that I could have the vote, and I feel compelled to do so. And the people in other countries who are thrown in jail just for speaking out against the people in power. We are so lucky to be in a country where we can vote.

If people don't like any of the parties, or feel disillusioned with politics, then why not spoil the ballot? That says more about how you feel than just not being bothered to go out and spend a half hour of your time putting a cross in a box.