Rowlinson School 1976-81

mick etches lives in chapel st leonards near skegness , he has a fruit and veg bussines and has done really well . his house is huge .

Don't you think its interesting that at least from what I can see all those marked to do well didn't, and all those marked as losers were to ones that made it.

I remember Parnham dragging a kid over a desk in 84/85. Scary when wound up.

Hey I remember that as well

I left Rolo in 85

was in form G in art room

thats gary sinclair , does the announcements at the lane and has the ash tree pub .he left in 74

no,i know sinclair,he was my brothers best mate,he married steve trigg,s sister,gary cosgrove knocked about with andy skain,being a regular at bramall lane in the early 80,s

rolo FROM 74 TO 79 form D,,, last COUPLE YEARS form room was in td rooms

mr dobson the teacher,, he he ,,, some good comments o N SOME OF THE OLD TEACHERS... .... brings a tear back lol......

dave andrews

Hi I was there from 1975 to July of 1980. Never heard of any reunions but would love some old school class photos if someone could scan them for me

Hi I was there from 1975 to July of 1980. Never heard of any reunions but would love some old school class photos if someone could scan them for me

Ask your mother - she never throws anythign away.

Lots of Love

Your Brother Michael

I was at Rowlinson from 77 - 82. I do look back with a lot of fond memories of my days there. I agree with one of the earlier messages though, looking back, as I kid the school was a great place to be. The sport, the characters, the youth club etc all were great. But as an educational establishment it was poor, to say the least. Some of the teachers were fine, but I don’t think I gained anything from most them. I was in form “M” We had Mrs Kay for the first 3 or 4 years then we had Mr Wood to finish. They were both good form teachers. I am struggling to remember all the teachers. All the sports teachers frightened me at the time, probably because for the first few years I was rubbish at sport. The last couple of years I made more of an effort and suddenly I started to do well, mainly in athletics, and all of a sudden I had a few more friends! We had Mr Anderson for science I think but unfortunately he had no control over the class, which was a shame because he was OK. I vaguely remember Trogg in Geography. I remember Mr Dawson throwing the board rubber at a girl in our English class and shouting some over the top obscenity at her, for no reason. I also just about remember a loony called Mr Goodhand who used to squeeze the hands of any poor sole that he decided to embarrasse that day, I remember some of them I tears. If anyone out there was in the same year write in and share your memories and renew some of my memories.

Hi Simon, see if you can work out who I am, should be easy.

hi i went to rowlinson beetween 84 and was in mrs holms form room then went over to meadowhead after my 3rd year and left there in 89 my form teacher at meadowhead was mr pidd

things are ok but not getting any younger are we ?

the only persons from our year on this thread is carole beatson .and one into music who i can't remember .

seaton was horrible , I always felt sorry for people who were in his form .

I'm one of the unfortunates who was in Seaton's form 'C' from 1976-81 - directly after you and wolfstalin, I guess! It was a miserable experience. He used to administer his punishments in his office whilst listening to The Rolling Stones, and the rest of us were at our desks outside listening. The girls all thought he was horribly creepy & we did our best not to attract his attention.

I was always amazed that he could be Head of Languages but only had A levels and a PGCE. It seems incomprehensible now. He had absolutely no teaching skills or rapport with the kids. How did he get away with it for so long?

I remember being in a Fabric craft lesson with the girls in the 1st or 2nd year. There was a screen up in the open plan room so that no-one could see us girls getting changed into the clothes we had been making, mostly blouses. In bounds Seaton, oblivious to our modesty and screams. The fabric-craft teacher just about exploded with anger at his arrogance. His reply, "Don't worry, I have a daughter myself." :rant:

In spite of this I had a mostly good education at Rolo. One thing I remember is that there was never any bullying between pupils. We were more of a camaraderie. Not like schools today and my own experience of my son's secondary school (in Oxon). My best teachers at Rolo were the language, English and History teachers - Miss Gilmore/Mrs Brown, Mr Howard, Mr Wood, Mr Tweedy, Mr Brown, Miss Parsons. I was sad to learn that Janice Hambling/Pickering/Stokes had died so early. She was a strict but fair teacher, knew her stuff really well, and had the most amazing set of lashes!

was at rowlinson between 82 & 87 was in g form teachers name miss cocks any 1 rememer her used to have some right laughs there like to get in touch with any 1 from that year who remembers me mick fox ( foxy )

I've just come across this site and have read with interest some of the comments. I went to Rolo in the late 70's thru the 80's. I remember Alex & Marg what about Percy and widowson?

The school teachers I don't remember though I did have a form room overlooking the playing fiellds I thing it was a sewing room.

Love to hear from anybody around at the time. ie: 78-80