Would You Believe It ? I've just found a packet of Spangles

Would you believe it?

Ive just been sorting out some very old bits of rubbish and ive just found a packet of SPANGLES, by my reckoning they must be over 30 yrs old what i want to know can i still EAT THEM?:help:

Would you believe it?

Ive just been sorting out some very old bits of rubbish and ive just found a packet of SPANGLES, by my reckoning they must be over 30 yrs old what i want to know can i still EAT THEM?:help:

Can't taste any worse now than they did back then.:D

Would you believe it?

Dont eat em! They could be worth thousands!

what a great find :thumbsup: We're having our kitchen done at the moment .When we ripped the units out we found a pair of polaroid sunglasses,still in their case(they're HUGE) :hihi:

Back to the spangles tho-i wouldnt eat them,and yep,they might be worth some dosh to the right person :thumbsup:

can we see pics?

Pleaeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssseeee? :D

Would you believe it?

what are spangles? :huh::confused:

Spangles

Launched in 1948 as "assorted crystal fruits", nothing on earth (and probably in space) ever tasted as weird. "Spangles gives you three kinds of mint to choose from". Soft Centre Ice Mints, Golden Mint and Peppermint. "Suck a Spangle, be happy"

When did they stop selling them exactly? (well not the exact date :roll: ) because i have never seen them before.

From Wikipedia:

Spangles were square boiled sweets, bought in a paper tube with individual sweets cellophane wrapped. They were manufactured by Mars Ltd in the United Kingdom up until the early-1980s, and were briefly re-introduced during the mid-1990s.

The humble Spangle has taken on a totemic significance for those in the United Kingdom. The question "What ever happened to Spangles?" became so frequent that Spangles became a shortcut to unabashed discussions about nostalgia, particularly amongst those born between the mid-1960s and mid-1970s in the United Kingdom.

Spangles were re-introduced to the United Kingdom market for a limited period in 1995. They were sold for a set period of time and have since never been reproduced.

Spangles were available, among others, in red wrappers (fruit flavour) and black (liquorice).

Research has shown that the "Old English" variety was favoured by those with more sophisticated tastes, whereas the fruit flavours appealed to the untutored palate. Some even remember the appearance of the 'mystery spangle', a new flavour which was wrapped in paper covered with question marks.

Nowadays the Tunes brand is the only remaining relative of the Spangles brand, sharing the dimensions and wrapping of the original product.