Having a fire

Why do ppl leave there washing out in all weathers in stead of bringing them in...Some ppl close to where i live put the washing out a night doesn't that defeat the object?

I believe the previous poster is correct - fires are only allowed after 6pm. Note this only applies to residents. Sheffield City Council can keep the Bernard Road incinerator going 24 hours a day.

• 1 month later...
Guest Davey

:( I thing the wally who lives a few doors down from me thinks that every time the sun comes out, he has to light a fire or life will end !!

We daren't even think of lighting a barbeque or owt, cos you just know that the smoke will rise as soon as the sun shows its face.

A bucket of water or a broken nose is the solution, but which one i don't know :?:

Originally posted by "Abby"

I believe the previous poster is correct - fires are only allowed after 6pm. Note this only applies to residents. Sheffield City Council can keep the Bernard Road incinerator going 24 hours a day.

No offence, but after reading a lot of your posts Abby, you seem a little obsessed with the Bernard Road incinerator! You mention it nearly every post. Do you live next door to it or something?

Originally posted by "t020"

No offence, but after reading a lot of your posts Abby, you seem a little obsessed with the Bernard Road incinerator! You mention it nearly every post. Do you live next door to it or something?

She might have shares in Bernard Road incinerator :wink:

Fellow Sheffielders

It's not an obsession I have with the incinerator, it's a concern.

Why? Because it's the most polluting incinerator in the country, and generates thousands of tonnes of toxic waste which is dumped at the Parkwood landfill site, where some is blown around and pollutes the local environment (yes, a double whammy).

I don't live next to the incinerator or the landfill site, but I live close enough to worry, and pass by both on the way to work (mind you, most Sheffielders seem to, thanks to their central locations).

Because both are located in North East Sheffield, the council isn't in a hurry to pull its finger out. Health Authority expert Rosie McNaught insisted there is no evidence that the incinerator emissions pose any danger to health - because no research has been done on the subject, despite pleas from local residents and environmental groups.

Finally, Abby is a he, not a she...I take it you have not seen my website...?

Archived