Having a fire

Originally posted by "Moon Maiden"

I don't know about laws. I always thought it was common decency to at least to wait until your neighbours washing was in or to warn them.

Moon Maiden

i thought it was an unwritten rule to start fires when you have washing out :P

thats what they must think here

Originally posted by "RPG"

I don't know about laws. I always thought it was common decency to at least to wait until your neighbours washing was in or to warn them.

Moon Maiden

i thought it was an unwritten rule to start fires when you have washing out :P

thats what they must think here

and its always someone burning old tyres

Unless there are specific bye-laws in Sheffield ( I don't know if there are) then I found this on the net.

Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, a statutory nuisance includes "smoke, fumes or gases emitted from premises so as to be prejudicial to health or a nuisance". In practice, to be considered a nuisance, a bonfire would have to be a regular problem and interfering substantially with your well-being, comfort or enjoyment of your property

I think you can have a fire to burn 'garden waste' etc at any time providing that it does not cause a nuisance. This basically means that anything goes unless someone actually complains to the council about it, and then it would have to be a regular occurrence before they would take any action.

Common sense should apply, but it's surprising how many people don't have any!

Jim

Archived