Pet insurance - who do you recommend?

How are some of you getting dog insurance fo £100 a year at M&S. When I do an online quote it's coming up at £230.

Depends on breed, ag, postcode etc, also, hiked their premiums for some breeds too. as I said, they quoted me £424 to insure a Siberian Husky (previous quote £102)

My dogs a labrador, I redid the quote with the same details but for a crossbreed and it was half the price! I dont understand.

could be because labs are counted as a sporting breed (even though you may not work yours) and therefore considered generally more at risk of injury. Purebreeds are always more expensive to insure than your average x-breed

Is that because they can't collate the problems with crossbreeds the same way they can with pedigrees or pure breds?

There was some nonsense years back where the insurance companies wanted to hike up the insurance for red cars - as they were involved in the most accidents. The stats worked out something like 15% of accidents involved a red car. As the proportion of red cars on the road was nearer 20%, surely this made red cars safer as they should represent 20% of the accident claims :huh:

Scoop, I recon your quote is so high because the software hyperlinks itself to this :hihi:

Is that because they can't collate the problems with crossbreeds the same way they can with pedigrees or pure breds?

There was some nonsense years back where the insurance companies wanted to hike up the insurance for red cars - as they were involved in the most accidents. The stats worked out something like 15% of accidents involved a red car. As the proportion of red cars on the road was nearer 20%, surely this made red cars safer as they should represent 20% of the accident claims :huh:

Scoop, I recon your quote is so high because the software hyperlinks itself to this :hihi:

Ha ha, nice one! Perhaps I should start a new thread about what a different boy he is since he was parted from his two veg!

LOL!:D thanks for sharing the link...thats my dogs on a GOOD day (normal husky behaviour:hihi: )

I want a pet insurance that does lifetime cover. For example if they get a disease that they will have for life the company wont just pay for the remainder of the 12 months and then stop (because then it would be impossible to get cover).

Any ideas?

Just looking at different pet insurances....

My cats are all with Tesco and i find these very reasonable. Now need to insure new doggie Holly :)

Just activated my 6 weeks free Pet Plan insurance. They are hard sellers and wanted me to take a lifetime policy out with them then and there, quoted me £15.50pm which isnt that bad but i know i can get it cheeper....

Can any of you confirm that M&S' policy is for lifetime cover as long as you renew it anually??

There policy seems really reasonable at £142pa for a CKCS. I will take this but just want to make sure it is lifetime cover for illnesses....

ta:thumbsup:

isn't the policy doc available as a pdf?

isn't the policy doc available as a pdf?

No, or i can't find it :huh: it does say on at the beginning of the page...

"your pet is for life and so is our policy"

so i just thought i'd ask anyone on here if they have it and know...