List of dead in Sheffield blitz.

Does anyone know if there is an online list of the names of the dead in the Sheffield blitz please?

One of my late uncle's sisters, possibly surnamed Young is supposed to have been killed. Uncle has been dead for some years and his daughter knows very little.

Thanks

Thanks for that.

I'd forgotten there are civilans on the site. Quick look shows only one female Young a Gwendoline Bertha buried in DerbyCo. Boro. Cemetry which could be her. They were a Derbyshire family.

Thanks again

According to a pamphlet about the Norfolk Heritage Trail 134 victims of the Sheffield Blitz, killed on 12th and 15th December 1940, were buried in a communal grave in City Rd. Cemetary.

Perhaps the Cemetary or the Council could give you further information?

Now that has just really depressed me - there is a family from Sheffield - the Wolstenholmes - looks like an entire family of about 8 people were killed over two nights - including an 18 month old baby!! That's just really really sad!

I was in an air raid shelter that was bounded by Heather Rd, Foxglove Rd. Windmill Lane and Wincobank Avenue when the Land mine exploded at the corner of Heather Rd. & Foxglove Rd. ( age 8yrs.). We were 'bombed out' of our house. The next day I remember standing near the bomb site and they were looking for Mrs. Booth, they eventually found her body under the debris they were standing on. She is on the list that is mentioned above.

Rose Ann Booth age 49yrs. Heather rd.

That episode has been imprinted on my mind all these years, I still get upset when I think about it.

Cynthia, Ontario, Canada.

Archived