List of dead in Sheffield blitz.

Does anyone know if there is an online list of the names of the dead in the Sheffield blitz please?

One of my late uncle's sisters, possibly surnamed Young is supposed to have been killed. Uncle has been dead for some years and his daughter knows very little.

Thanks

Hello Tellina

I have the full list of the dead in the "sheffield BLITZ " book.

it is a roll of honour which contains the names of people .

I am sorry to tell you that the only "y" in the book is YANCE.

Now that has just really depressed me - there is a family from Sheffield - the Wolstenholmes - looks like an entire family of about 8 people were killed over two nights - including an 18 month old baby!! That's just really really sad!

I have just read about that, the baby was named Hazel, 18 mths old baby, it states that she was daughter of Harold and Olive Wolstenholme of 38 , st marys road.both mum , dad , and 2 year old son named Peter,12 year old norman,18 year old Dorothy and the above hazel all perished during the nights blitz bombing on the 13 december 1940,

I know what you mean when you say how depressing it is , just to read about this.

Some years ago I stumbled across a site which listed Sheffield blitz/Marples death toll, anyone know of that please?

IF you can get the book "THE SHEFFIELD BLITZ" from the library it will also tell you of the marples dead as well.

The Star did a series of articles about the blitz in Sheffield, I think it was for the 40th anniversary. It also gave lists of all the fatalities including addresses etc. It was a very moving series of articles, some of which I cut out and kept. Quite how people struggled on with their lives under such circumstances beggars belief!

Archived