England Kit: Fa Respond To Calls To Ditch Shirt Over Controversial Change

England kit: FA respond to calls to ditch shirt over controversial change that honours 1966 heroes

The FA and Nike are refusing to back down on England's new home kit after it's unveiling led to a fan backlash from people who are unhappy that the colours of St Georges' Cross has been changed

The Football Association and Nike have insisted that there are no plans to recall England's new kit despite some social media backlash.

The Three Lions' new home strip sparked outrage online after a "playful update" to the St Georges' Cross on the rear collar of the kit was highlighted, with the red cross replaced with one bearing the colours of navy, light blue and purple.

Some England fans have either questioned or not accepted the change and have taken to social media to protest against the decision. Several high-profile figures, including Jason Manford, have also questioned the controversial decision.

However, there are currently no plans to change the design, with the FA 'standing behind' the decision to change the colours of the cross.

Your thoughts?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-england-kit-euro-2024-32408648

My thoughts - Oh dear, oh dear. And who the blazes is Jason Manford?

It is all about the sale of football shirts.  No football fan is forced to buy a shirt with the new update to the St George's cross.   

My thoughts are I have no concern about the new design for a football shirt but would not be happy if the new colours replaced the tradition  colours for St George's flags flown on public buildings and churches.

• Like 1

Just now, Axe said:

It is all about the sale of football shirts.  No football fan is forced to buy a shirt with the new update to the St George's cross.   

My thoughts are I have no concern about the new design for a football shirt but would not be happy if the new colours replaced the tradition  colours for St George's flags flown on public buildings and churches.

Which they blindingly obviously won't.

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Which they blindingly obviously won't.

Nothing to worry about then.

Why can't they just leave stuff alone?

Just now, Axe said:

Nothing to worry about then.

Exactly - so why mention it?

Not really bothered if the top has the flag on or not. But if it does have the flag on, it should be the actual flag not some redesigned patronizing drivel about uniting and inspiring. Who exactly is it meant to unite and inspire who can't get that from the proper flag?

Divvies.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

My thoughts - Oh dear, oh dear. And who the blazes is Jason Manford?

Unfunny, Manc comedian.  He'll have to offer a comment on this.  It's March & its along time until the next panto rehearsal to be out of the limelight. 

Don't like it, don't buy it.

No more needs to be said. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delayed said:

Don't like it, don't buy it.

No more needs to be said. 

So people shouldn't be able to discuss it?

1 minute ago, Baron99 said:

Unfunny, Manc comedian.  He'll have to offer a comment on this.  It's March & its along time until the next panto rehearsal to be out of the limelight. 

Thanks. My first thought was that he was one those 'influencers' - another element of society we can well do without.