Lawyer Sued For Saying 'Only Women Can Menstruate'.

It's only in the West, Australia and North America that this absolute nonsense is tolerated.

And yet have the nerve to preach to other countries how they should behave and do things.

• Like 1

I hope this gets thrown out of court. I certainly hope our taxes aren't going to fund it. 

I've nothing against LGBTQ+ and most are happy just to get on with their lives, but I can't believe how a relatively small number of  people can hold people to ransome like this.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Anna B said:

I hope this gets thrown out of court. I certainly hope our taxes aren't going to fund it. 

I've nothing against LGBTQ+ and most are happy just to get on with their lives, but I can't believe how a relatively small number of  people can hold people to ransome like this.

Quote:  For every action there is a reaction - perhaps more groups should react robustly against some of this which is going too far.

6 hours ago, Draggletail said:

I've read, or rather skimmed (too tired, impatient and distracted to do any other right now) and I can't find any context to  her comment "only women menstruate" other than it was during  a seminar on female autism.  A bit more context would be helpful to understanding this conflict surely?

Are you saying men can menstruate?

8 minutes ago, leviathan13 said:

Are you saying men can menstruate?

Apparently they can so just asking that question makes you a bigot. 

YOU BIGOT!!! 😁

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Apparently they can so just asking that question makes you a bigot. 

YOU BIGOT!!! 😁

I never have so I feel as though I've been missing out. Are there any night school classes where I can go and learn how to menstruate?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hecate said:

Under the Equality Act (2010) it's a protected belief that biological sex is binary and immutable.  Essentially that means that those who hold that belief believe that sex is biologically determined and that humans cannot change sex (as distinct from identifying as a different gender).  As menstruation is a biological function exhibited by women, only women can menstruate. 

A woman who identifies as a man - a trans man - is a biological woman and may menstruate.  A man who identifies as a woman - a trans woman - is a biological man and cannot menstruate.

A claim in this case is that the expressions of such a gender critical belief creates "an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating and/or offensive environment for the claimant."

Here's a quick summary from SEEN:

The last bit of that definition refers to women's single sex spaces, like women's sports, hospital wards, rape crisis centres, women's refuges, the right as a same-sex attracted lesbian to exclude biological men from their potential partners, etc.

Thanks for the clarity! 👍

On 21/03/2024 at 13:12, The_DADDY said:

like stating her belief that only women have periods.

That's a biological FACT, not a belief. 

41 minutes ago, Resident said:

That's a biological FACT, not a belief. 

Why have you made that quote look like I made that comment?

7 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Why have you made that quote look like I made that comment?

It's an excerpt from what you posted?

What's the matter, scared someone might actually think you have an opinion on something you posted? 

3 hours ago, Resident said:

It's an excerpt from what you posted?

What's the matter, scared someone might actually think you have an opinion on something you posted? 

Get up the wrong side of bed this morning hun? 

As Mister Gee would say 'Bobbar'.