Parking Permits Zones And Traffic Wardens

58 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

are you kidding me? No where is parking more 'ridiculous' as you put it than Hillsborough. On match days it is downright dangerous. Yet as i wade through the cars or see parents having to push prams down the road because hundreds of cars are parked on the pavements, i  think to myself, where are the traffic wardens?? Where is the police?? Turning a blind eye, that's where.

Parking enforcement is a regularly complained about topic on SWFC Facebook groups and sites like Owlstalk, so it definitely happens. It's often a funny and contentious topic because you'll get the affected drivers complaining that they've got a fine and lots of other people saying they deserve it for illegally parking.

Might not be every match, but the wardens/enforcement officers are absolutely out in force around Hillsborough for numerous matches per year. 

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

Might not be every match, but the wardens/enforcement officers are absolutely out in force around Hillsborough for numerous matches per year. 

Yes, it depends on the day/time of the match, what other commitments they have and how many enforcement staff are available.

7 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Correct.

The advice is always to pay the fine or challenge it through the regulated process.

It is very unsafe to ignore legally enforceable penalties. 

I’ve seen examples of cases where people have become rather obsessed with parking penalties and have taken them to the high court and lost. That entails huge costs. One guy I saw on a TV documentary was facing losing his house.

On the flip side. In 2021 I had a debt collector from Northhampton threatening to take my car due to unpaid bus lane fines in Coventry, a place I've never been and fines I was never notified about. 

He told me they'd been sending me letters for the last 6 monthsof which I never recieved. Turns out they'd been sending them to an address in Newcastle. A place I've also never been, much less lived. He said I could have a 48hr stay whilst I contacted TEC. They emailed me the images from Cov Council and whilst it was my number plate it wasn't even the same make/model of car and TEC couldn't understand why they were sending all the documents to the wrong address. 

In the end I had to pay for a sworn statement that said it wasn't my car, the plates were clones and submit evidence that I only own my car, that it was registered at my address for the last 6 years that I've lived here. 

TEC then sent me a court order, recinding the enforcement. 

The debt collection agency kept sending me threatening letters so I went back to court & got a grand in compensation. They also got into a lot of hot water for ignoring the court order, which they were given a copy by TEC when it was issued

• Like 1

Although yes I do agree car usage needs to be curbed and yes I do think there needs to be car parking restrictions in many parts of the city.

I don't think there should be parking restrictions in Hillsborough on match day, because I need to park near the ground to watch football.

5 hours ago, rogets said:

Although yes I do agree car usage needs to be curbed and yes I do think there needs to be car parking restrictions in many parts of the city.

I don't think there should be parking restrictions in Hillsborough on match day, because I need to park near the ground to watch football.

Why can't you use the number 86 bus or a taxi?

Look who you are replying to ffs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

Why can't you use the number 86 bus or a taxi?

When your as important as someone like me, then going by bus is not an option.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, rogets said:

When your as important as someone like me, then going by bus is not an option.

People who cannot use correct grammar are not important. 

Get on the bus, peasant.

• Haha 3