To Many People .

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Why is it wrong to have more than one property?

How do you mean the NHS would be worse off without immigrants?  I thought the NHS was in a complete mess at the moment, could that not be down to immigrant workers? Maybe their work ethic is different?

1)Quite a lot when it concerns property that is empty for much of the year and locals cannot live with the inflated property prices.Communities are dieing as a result.

2) Have you been through any of the Sheffield hospitals.

For the first time in my relatively long life I spent 3 nights in the NGH and have attended the Hallamshire.I have now been seen and attended by Indians,Pakistanis,Irish,South African,Caribbean ,Polish and other Eastern European’s.Even some Englis and Scots

All have been great and seem to have a decent work ethic.

Cannot edit so it should have read “dying as a result”.

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

1)Quite a lot when it concerns property that is empty for much of the year and locals cannot live with the inflated property prices.Communities are dieing as a result.

For the first time in my relatively long life I spent 3 nights in the NGH and have attended the Hallamshire.I have now been seen and attended by Indians,Pakistanis,Irish,South African,Caribbean ,Polish and other Eastern European’s.Even some Englis and Scots

What if their other properties are not empty, is that ok?

Not disputing what you say, it was just an observation.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

What if their other properties are not empty, is that ok?

Not disputing what you say, it was just an observation.

Good landlords with property to let at fair rentals. OK by me.

Preponderance of holiday lets in attractive locations which are empty for 6 months of the year less justifiable as they do little for the communities and turn into ghost towns from October to April.

Meanwhile the communities die because locals cannot compete.

As a result local amenities suffer.

Just my opinion

1 minute ago, RJRB said:

Good landlords with property to let at fair rentals. OK by me.

Preponderance of holiday lets in attractive locations which are empty for 6 months of the year less justifiable as they do little for the communities and turn into ghost towns from October to April.

Meanwhile the communities die because locals cannot compete.

As a result local amenities suffer.

Just my opinion

Fair point.

17 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Even the Irish? 

27 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

I was joking for Gods sake . 

As someone who is half English and half Irish it has been my experience that the English are the absolute worst at taking umbrage at any slightly offensive joke.

Good at dishing it out, but not so good at taking it back. That being the case I tend to react to any smartárse comments from English people which concern the Irish.

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

As someone who is half English and half Irish it has been my experience that the English are the absolute worst at taking umbrage at any slightly offensive joke.

Good at dishing it out, but not so good at taking it back. That being the case I tend to react to any smartárse comments from English people which concern the Irish.

This subject always baffles me , if one is born in England then they are English 

If in Ireland they are Irish. I hear it all the time , The Americans who think they are Irish , Then we get Pakistanis and Indian people born here but sticking up for a. Country they hav never visited when it comes to sport ,  I have German relatives but would never consider my self to be German , Born in England and proud to British , 

Just now, cuttsie said:

This subject always baffles me , if one is born in England then they are English 

If in Ireland they are Irish. I hear it all the time , The Americans who think they are Irish , Then we get Pakistanis and Indian people born here but sticking up for a. Country they hav never visited when it comes to sport ,  I have German relatives but would never consider my self to be German , Born in England and proud to British , 

Be British 

11 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Ok Mick .