George Galloway Wins For The Workers Party

Posted (edited)

eorge Galloway has just won a Parliamentary seat in Manchester for the Workers Party, and comes back to Parliament. An Independent candidate came second. What does this say about the coming general election?

Personally I'm lad to see George back in Parliament. I don't particularly like him, but's volatile and he says what he thinks. He'll stir things up a bit and be a pain in the backside to all the other parties. Good.  They need stirring up, and if nothing else al least he'll give another perspective on things, and maybe give them food for thought.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

(Look what happens when you can't edit...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hes definitely going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, hopefully he will highlight the injustices in this country and abroad, and ask the awkward questions nobody wants to ask...

But will the media put a blank on him?

The bbc correspondent summed him up "Brash ,loud and with a dextorous eloquence".  Personally  I find him insincere and manipulative.

He is  anti USA and Israel and aligns himself with anyone else with these views, ignoring any faults these groups have .

What benefits did his previous seats get from him being their MP?

• Like 3

It says nothing about the general election. He won the seat because it has a large Muslim population.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

hes definitely going to put the cat amongst the pigeons, hopefully he will highlight the injustices in this country and abroad, and ask the awkward questions nobody wants to ask...

But will the media put a blank on him?

He'll ask some good questions on very specific issues but he won't challenge the social and religious conservatism of his voter base. Ultimately, he's someone who serves himself.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Axe said:

It says nothing about the general election. He won the seat because it has a large Muslim population.  

He won the seat because there was effectively no Labour candidate.

• Thanks 1

I fully agree with both Anna and banjodeano.

George will be good for politics because he'll raise questions which the two main parties want to ignore.

Just getting elected again will have ruffled some feathers already and I look forward to Sunak and Starmer being asked questions they can't answer.

We need far more Galloway's in Westminster to upset the cosy little club which both Labour and Tories inhabit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

it will in the areas where there is a large muslim percentage....

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

That's a strange statement.  the Muslim population of Rochdale is less than 20%.  You are just quoting the same excuse as your betters who can't think what to say.

I see that your high opinion of the Reform party is not shared by ordinary working people too as they finished up last and lost.

I agree he will ask uncomfortable questions but it seems to me it's all to one end and that's the promotion of himself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

it will in the areas where there is a large muslim percentage....

He can only stand in one seat.  The Workers Party Of Britain is George Galloway.