Help Me With The Name Of An Old Shop Please!

New to this forum and getting on in years so please forgive any irritating or repetitive/not-that-again type of content in my post.  I have been driving myself nuts over the last few days trying to remember the name of a shop in 1950s-1960s Fargate. I’ve searched old photos online with no success. It was a shop that sold very fancy and unusual cakes - I think it was run by East European people and maybe had an East European name. They sold cheesecake before anybody had heard of it. I think it was next to Davy’s old shop because I remember the wonderful smell of freshly ground coffee when I was standing outside this mystery shop. I would be very grateful if anyone could put me out of my misery and tell me its name!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheCrofts said:

New to this forum and getting on in years so please forgive any irritating or repetitive/not-that-again type of content in my post.  I have been driving myself nuts over the last few days trying to remember the name of a shop in 1950s-1960s Fargate. I’ve searched old photos online with no success. It was a shop that sold very fancy and unusual cakes - I think it was run by East European people and maybe had an East European name. They sold cheesecake before anybody had heard of it. I think it was next to Davy’s old shop because I remember the wonderful smell of freshly ground coffee when I was standing outside this mystery shop. I would be very grateful if anyone could put me out of my misery and tell me its name!

Perhaps 'Picture Sheffield' photos of Fargate from that era may  help?

34 minutes ago, TheCrofts said:

Apologies if you've already tried the Sheffield History site but here's a link anyway, it does have a section on Sheffield Shops as well. Good luck.

https://www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk/forums/

Not sure if it’s relevant but on Picture Sheffield the shops listed near to Davys around that time were Victoria Cafe and Mason Sonia?

(It looks like Mason Sonia was a costumiers)

Yes, I seem to remember the ladies costumier. All a bit much for an 8 year old girl!

I’m waiting for my membership of Sheffield History to be approved so that I can ask them on their forum too.

• Like 1