Enver's Turkish Restaurant - Hillsborough, S6

Has anyone been to Enver's Turkish restaurant,  Langsett Rd , Hillsborough? If so, what did you think of it? Haven't been there myself yet, but my cousin and his partner really sang it's praises after going there in December last year. They said the food was delicious, the portion sizes very generous and the prices very reasonable. They also thought the service was efficient and the staff nice and friendly.  I'd be interested to hear any more reviews of this place. 

I agree with your cousin, as we went there about a year ago after trying a couple of those awful micropubs in Hillsborough. It was very good ie. atmosphere, food, service etc and good value for money. 

5 hours ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

Has anyone been to Enver's Turkish restaurant,  Langsett Rd , Hillsborough? If so, what did you think of it? Haven't been there myself yet, but my cousin and his partner really sang it's praises after going there in December last year. They said the food was delicious, the portion sizes very generous and the prices very reasonable. They also thought the service was efficient and the staff nice and friendly.  I'd be interested to hear any more reviews of this place. 

What your cousin says is correct, very good food at great prices, you won't leave hungry.

7 hours ago, Magneteer said:

I agree with your cousin, as we went there about a year ago after trying a couple of those awful micropubs in Hillsborough. It was very good ie. atmosphere, food, service etc and good value for money. 

Slightly off topic but which of the micropubs were awful in Hillsborough?  I generally much prefer micropubs to the traditional pub. I've not tried any in Hillsborough though, I tend to stick around Ecclesall Road.

The missus and me visited Enver's recently and the food was very good. 

15 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

Slightly off topic but which of the micropubs were awful in Hillsborough?  

Well, first one was called the Pangolin I think. We had pints of something we didn't recognise but thought we'd be adventurous etc.....so, you know when you've been hiking and then a month later you realise that your flask is still in your rucksack....unemptied. So you get the flask and tip the contents down the sink. Well thats exactly what this beer looked like, but worse was to come because that's exactly what it tasted like too!!  So we left most of it and put it all down to experience....Ha Ha. Next we wandered down to one called Northern Monkey I think. The beer was ok but the walls were plastered with TV's playing Emmerdale with no volume. Strange thing was most of the customers were glued to it. Not for me, but each to their own.

Went to Envers last summer, I think it was. It was excellent. We should have gone last Thursday but unfortunately the snow put paid to it 

Funny enough, I stumbled upon it last month while on a food adventure with some friends. Let me tell you, it was a delightful surprise! And oh, the food! I'm still dreaming about those savory dishes we devoured. Plus, the portion sizes were no joke - perfect for sharing. But what really stood out was the service. The staff were so warm and welcoming, it felt like we were old friends catching up. 

13 hours ago, denisemengel said:

Funny enough, I stumbled upon it last month while on a food adventure with some friends. Let me tell you, it was a delightful surprise! And oh, the food! I'm still dreaming about those savory dishes we devoured. Plus, the portion sizes were no joke - perfect for sharing. But what really stood out was the service. The staff were so warm and welcoming, it felt like we were old friends catching up. 

I went on a Saturday a couple of weeks ago for the first time in a while, the food was superb and as you say the service is very good, what caps it off is that the prices are very reasonable too.

• Like 1