Logitech Mx master 3 s mouse

Hi all, I've just bought the above Mouse, its driver is a Microsoft  "HID COMPLIANT"  catch all, With the cost of the thing I would have thought that Logitech would have their own driver, but I can't find it on their site, I keep going around in circles. If anyone comes across a site where I can download the correct driver for Win 10 Would you please past a link for me, thanks.

It only took me two - lol, It doesn't contain the driver. it's about allocating button setting etc.

• Haha 1

I use them at work and I love them so much I bought one for my home 

And the Keyboard

I suggest you download the Logitech software from their website

I think it has the driver in it and has some cool options to change the buttons on the mouse etc 

35 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

It only took me two - lol, It doesn't contain the driver. it's about allocating button setting etc.

That is the drivers, ..and supported software!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, aardvark6535 said:

I recommend you upgrade your PC to windows 11

I think it's free 

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

I recommend you upgrade your PC to windows 11

I think it's free 

I have an updated pc which I built, so no need to update. For Win 11 you must enable TPM which as far as I'm concerned it a tracking device, so I'll stick to Win 10 as long as I can, then maybe go over to "Red Hat " Linux. Not bad for a 73-year-old, am I?

2 hours ago, aardvark6535 said:

I have an updated pc which I built, so no need to update. For Win 11 you must enable TPM which as far as I'm concerned it a tracking device, so I'll stick to Win 10 as long as I can, then maybe go over to "Red Hat " Linux. Not bad for a 73-year-old, am I?

Yeah you're amazing 👍

Installing a mouse driver should be a piece cake then 

tin-foil-hat-nervous.gif

Edited by Jack Grey

The whole point of HID is that input devices describe themselves to a generic device driver. So a mouse might describe itself as having 3 buttons and 3 position indicators, used for X, Y and scroll wheel.

How the operating system maps the device features to user interface functions is a configuration issue that isn't strictly a device driver thing. If a mouse only reports it has X, Y and two buttons it is easy for the OS to assign them to the what you'd expect for such a mouse.

If a mouse has 8 buttons, X, Y and two scroll wheels it's more complicated and you need a program that knows about that particular mouse to configure the relevant settings.

Don't worry about not finding a device driver - it will be using the generic one. You do need a program to configure the use of all the buttons/wheels and that is what people are suggesting you download from the Logitech web site.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ghozer said:

That is the drivers, ..and supported software!

I downloaded this at around 9 AM today and run it, all I got was the supported software, and no driver was installed as I'm still on the Microsoft thingy - I am getting useless nowadays, Patience has gone, haven't got the concentration I used to have - lol

5 minutes ago, altus said:

The whole point of HID is that input devices describe themselves to a generic device driver. So a mouse might describe itself as having 3 buttons and 3 position indicators, used for X, Y and scroll wheel.

How the operating system maps the device features to user interface functions is a configuration issue that isn't strictly a device driver thing. If a mouse only reports it has X, Y and two buttons it is easy for the OS to assign them to the what you'd expect for such a mouse.

If a mouse has 8 buttons, X, Y and two scroll wheels it's more complicated and you need a program that knows about that particular mouse to configure the relevant settings.

Don't worry about not finding a device driver - it will be using the generic one. You do need a program to configure the use of all the buttons/wheels and that is what people are suggesting you download from the Logitech web site.

I'm just beginning to come to the same conclusion, though it's as you say a "generic" (couldn't think of the word earlier) driver, which should limit what the mouse can do, but I have just opened a spreadsheet Doc. and the sideways scroll worked -

So the "generic" driver works the mouse, and the download adds a program that controls the mouse operations, if that makes any sense. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aardvark6535 said:

TPM which as far as I'm concerned it a tracking device

🤣😅😂 the TPM device is just a small chip that generates cryptographic keys for use with things like bitlocker or encrypting files etc, and also checking windows is actually what it's supposed to be etc

• Haha 1