Lowedges Festival Saved Long Term

bassett one

well the event has been saved via the festival group gaining a huge sponsor and thats taken over 12months since i came up with the idea as i am retiring but really wanted to save sheffields biggest event,my first mission was via SCC to take over which our local MP  said could be done,but alas that failed ,so i continued with my idea and its now nearly sorted,the local LAC COMMITEE passed a £5,000 grant and we now have a sustainable plan in place,which we will annouce in jan 24 ,we will be much bigger than before by about 50% and will keep roughly the same layout but bigger and still offer many free rides ect. i will be working the plan out for 2 years with the new sponsor.further details in jan and a huge thank you to simon clement jones and sophie thornton and richard shaw our 3 local lib/dems ,thanks watch this space for news of the bigger better lowedges festival

THANKS AND A HAPPY CHRISTMAS/NEWYEAR FROM OUR GROUP

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KP Nuts 2 said:

I sincerely hope you get the recognition that you clearly deserve Mr Bassett for the contribution you make to your local community. They are clearly lucky to have had you. Enjoy your retirement, I'm sure it's well deserved.

i have never had a thanks or owt mate ,but to save the event will do me 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

update we are meeting our local lib/dem councillors mr simon clement jones ,mr richard shaw and sophie thornton on jan 15th a committee will then be sorted and the ring fenced money will be transfered and we can then advertise a full press release and take bookings,our new event will be much bigger and hopefully you will all plus more be re-joining us on sun aug 11th,thanks to everyone for there support over the last difficult 12 months .

• 2 weeks later...

we are now taking emails of intrested partys wanting to be on our list for a stall ect email stephen.rich@hotmail.co.uk  ,then booking forms invites ect can be sent out once we have done the press release on or about the 1st week in feb thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/03/2024 at 15:13, Stannington Lad said:

Good news indeed, I frequent Stannington Carnival, which I guess is a similar sort of thing. I wish there were more of these sort of events

i agree ,but it takes 9 months to plan,plus bid for money,plus sending return forms back,accounts its non-stop ,i always say thats the main one ive missed ,i have been to so many since 2000 when i first got involved with the heeley festival of which i was chair when it was run by the farm and heeley trust before they split,we started with 4 mini rides and a icecream person and he even left after 30 mins in 2008,but year 2 in 2009 was the turning point when we got a stage and a few singers and  tubys funfair the rest is history,most famous one was the lord mayor trying to sue us because the chair broke that made national sunday paper headlines and as we won it propelled us further and bigger, but our new 20 acre site with parking and a big sponsor paying the bills is i think our best ever deal that took me 18 months to secure , we are nearly ready to tell all,but thanks for your comment ,but theres 2 main things that stop events thats money and getting peoples time ,let us know when stanningtons on i must visit thanks.

• Like 1