The Chinese Buffets in Sheffield thread- all discussion in here please

Apart from what happened.. I cant rate that night much as i was put off my food by those two ..well, whatever you want to call them. :(

I have been back since, needless to say- the case was a one off. I went very recently with work mates, as I am biased and do love chinese food....andJumbos on the whole.. Just that very bad experience to report. (of which im still fuming about you can tell by my previous "essay".. sorry readers!!) The inbetween visits were good (although im not very brave and stick safe to chicken rather than duck etc.. I know I know!!)

But the last time the food was cold :/ especially the chips and remainders of egg fried rice. Could argue im being picky but you are asking my opinion ;)

Havent tried Number One yet, but my boyfriends mum took her mates there, and her young son squirted the ice cream and embarassed them all by saying "look mum, it looks like pooop!" Out very loud. lol. kids hey :hihi:

Went there last night and decimated the stocks of king prawn and roast duck....

Think they will start charging me double soon :hihi:

ive been twice and was rly ill afterwards both times! not ging back

It's got an average review on sheffieldreviews.co.uk

I can't find Sheffield Reviews. Please can you tell me the exact website address because I can't find it by typing Sheffieldreviews.co.uk.

Thanks very much.

Went there the other night with andyst...havent been to Jumbo's in a while was really nice...enjoyed the food and it was an ok atmosphere..cant complain...for a city centre chinese buffet..

I'm wanting to go out to a chinese buffet on bank holiday monday for my birthday with about 10 people. Which restaurants would you recommend and about how much will it cost me per person? Any opinions or info will be useful!

Thanks!:D

no 1 oriental buffet is nice its 5.50 per person all you can eat its near ponds forge but across the road near the tram stop

I heart Jumbos near the Crucible. It's not that expensive either - but it depends on when you go as the price changes at certain times. If that makes sense. I prefer it to No1 Oriental Buffet. I could eat it now *yum*

I have been to Wokmania and it was lovely (West Street), and NO1 as its slightly cheaper.

I rate them both, but theres also Jumbos and I havent been there yet.

To be fair I dont think that theres that much between them all:thumbsup:

I went to Jumbos and it's not all that different from Wokmania, there is a wider selection of food, but when you consider that in the afternoon it's about seven pounds including drinks at Jumbo and five pounds at Wokmania. I would say go to woki.

If I had to pick it would be Jumbos.

I went to Woki and was very disapointed with the food, tasteless....

mmm me and dfgenius went there for tea yesterday, its my fave chinese! yummcy curry, and the spare ribs are heaven!

im making myself drool :(

mmm me and dfgenius went there for tea yesterday, its my fave chinese! yummcy curry, and the spare ribs are heaven!

im making myself drool :(

Stop it before I have to go there this evening :hihi: