Meadowhead New Football/Rugby Ground Plus More

14 hours ago, MJ01 said:

You been talking to Geoff again.....

that quote came from SCC,i dont know the exact facts of rugby clubs going bust ,but they must do ,otherwise it would not of been mentioned

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

its just the traffic say sat at 2pm the st james retail park is busy ,sufc are at home so loads going through meadowhead area ,any back ups ,then of course you have the big visitor centre where people will visit from around the world there ,plus others passing through the area to derbyshire ect,it will work and go ahead its just the traffic that needs sorting ,we dont even have the tram like other sites have.

The example you are giving, based on a blades home game, might happen around once a fortnight in the football season, for about an hour. 

I’d suspect that the “big” visitor centre isn’t going to attract huge numbers. The national football museum in Manchester has about 500 visitors on average per day of opening (based on 2022/23 figures). This isn’t going to be as big an attraction.

It will be interesting to see what traffic impacts the applicants are forecasting and what mitigations they feel are needed. I can’t see the application on the planning portal yet. 

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

that quote came from SCC,i dont know the exact facts of rugby clubs going bust ,but they must do ,otherwise it would not of been mentioned

I suggest you take greater care quoting sources without verification, you risk undermining your already fragile arguments even further, would you like to name a Rugby League club that has gone bust in the last twenty years?

6 minutes ago, Hawkeye58 said:

I suggest you take greater care quoting sources without verification, you risk undermining your already fragile arguments even further, would you like to name a Rugby League club that has gone bust in the last twenty years?

Bit of a harsh tone there?

Anyway, I know rugby union has lost a huge amount of clubs recently, perhaps they were getting confused between union and league?

37 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Bit of a harsh tone there?

Anyway, I know rugby union has lost a huge amount of clubs recently, perhaps they were getting confused between union and league?

That is at least the third time the poster has been confused/careless since this thread started in November, the fact that rugby union has lost some clubs (I would query "a huge amount" by the way!) is not relevant in any way.  If you review the entire thread I think I have shown huge restraint so far.

1 hour ago, Hawkeye58 said:

Are we classing going into administration three times as "going bust"? 

If so: Bradford Bulls. 

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye58 said:

That is at least the third time the poster has been confused/careless since this thread started in November, the fact that rugby union has lost some clubs (I would query "a huge amount" by the way!) is not relevant in any way.  If you review the entire thread I think I have shown huge restraint so far.

People can make mistakes. When they do, it's nice to politely correct them and discuss the subject. No need for the angst. đź‘Ť

it was a concern of a councillor not being nasty  but what happens if one of them gets into financial trouble? the other concerns were saturdays with the st james shopping centre,a main route for many to bakewell ect, but if they sort out the traffic it will be fine, i am meeting many from sheffield fc on monday so if i get chance i will ask there opinions.

I’ve changed my mind. Leave it as it is, a desolate, dilapidated wasteland. An embarrassment.
Another opportunity lost.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, bassett one said:

it was a concern of a councillor not being nasty  but what happens if one of them gets into financial trouble? the other concerns were saturdays with the st james shopping centre,a main route for many to bakewell ect, but if they sort out the traffic it will be fine, i am meeting many from sheffield fc on monday so if i get chance i will ask there opinions.

So is your basic argument here nothing should get built anywhere on the off-chance one day they might go bust? 

i have no problem except the worry of traffic ,thats why we have offered sheffield fc a huge area at our huge event in august ,that way kids can engage with the players and learn skills and parents ect will be able to ask questions ect on a nice friendly festival day,not a heated debate as in meetings,it will be passed and will go ahead provided the monies are in place,its just once built  its hard to change traffic plans . and i look forward to meeting them at the showground next week to sort out there area .

It's already been explained to you countless times that the site is hardly going to get the influx of cars you seem to think it will.