COVID THREAD

1 hour ago, Delayed said:

Feel free to share with the group where I am telling people what to do and how to live their lives? . 

Where to start...

I believe you said I should not video my own child at his swimming galas ?

Or have I got that wrong ?

Was it just at his school performances you said I should have no pictorial memento ?

@Chekhov

So let’s wait and see.

Carpe Diem

I have no more to say

Just now, Chekhov said:

Where to start...

Was it just at his school performances you said I should have no pictorial memento ?

I think it was the school or swimming pool that said that

52 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

>>    

Chekhov said: Bearing in mind how inaccurate the "experts" were (certainly the ones the government were listening to) that is irrelevant. That octopus (or was it a squid ? ) was more accurate.

Most of the people I spoke to agreed with it [the Barrington Declaration].

Are you saying only people who signed it agreed with it ? i.e. the assumption being that anyone who did not sign it did not agree with it ?

Can I quote you on that about other petitions ?<<

So  your three 'experts' from the far right think tank are 'accurate'  because you imagine they support your self confessed "...very  biased..." beliefs. 

1 - How does your post answer any of my questions ? Particularly this one :

Are you saying only people who signed it agreed with it ? i.e. the assumption being that anyone who did not sign it did not agree with it ?

Can I quote you on that about other petitions ?

2 - You are, if anything, even more biased than me, as you do not require statistical evidence to back your positions.

8 minutes ago, RJRB said:

>>Chekhov said: Where to start...

I believe you said I should not video my own child at his swimming galas ?

Was it just at his school performances you said I should have no pictorial memento ?<<

I think it was the school or swimming pool that said that

As far as I remember he agreed with them (despite having no statistical evidence to support his position).

Interestingly it has subsequently come to light that Stocksbridge pool is the only one my lad has swum at who have stopped me (or any other parent) from videoing their kids racing.

More proof, if any more were needed, that it is they who are in the wrong.

Having said that the relentless march of over cautious disproportionate authoritarianism means that sooner or later I would expect it to be banned everywhere. Hopefully that will be after I have died and/or my lad has stopped swimming in galas.....

Edited by Chekhov

7 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Where to start...

Yes you've got it wrong.

I've always said that I agree with the reasons why the school has a ban in place.

So nowhere am I restricting you or telling you what you can and can't do. 

1 minute ago, Delayed said:

Yes you've got it wrong.

I've always said that I agree with the reasons why the school has a ban in place.

So nowhere am I restricting you or telling you what you can and can't do. 

Exactly !  You agree with them restricting my freedoms (despite having no evidence to back up your position). That's what I said, but it can be taken as read you would take that position because you are an virtue signalling authoritarian who thinks it is society's function to tell people what to do and how to live their lives "for the greater good".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Exactly !  You agree with them restricting my freedoms (despite having no evidence to back up your position). That's what I said, but it can be taken as read you would take that position because you are an virtue signalling authoritarian who thinks it is society's function to tell people what to do and how to live their lives "for the greater good".

That is basically how any society works

4 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

So me agreeing with law, order and safety is equivalent to me restricting your life and somehow not living in a free society? 

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

1 - How does your post answer any of my questions ? Particularly this one :

2 - You are, if anything, even more biased than me, as you do not require statistical evidence to back your positions.

When you say "Particularly this one :" is it:

Number one:"Are you saying only people who signed it agreed with it ?"

Number two: " i.e. the assumption being that anyone who did not sign it did not agree with it ?"

Number three "Can I quote you on that about other petitions ?

Edited by Annie Bynnol

On 08/01/2024 at 00:58, Longcol said:
  On 08/01/2024 at 00:23, hackey lad said:

I personally , still don’t know one person who had a bad reaction to the vaccine . Her friend had 80 something friends who died from it :rolleyes: and thats skimming over the 50 million who will die in America .

My personal experience has been very different from hackey lad's. I've looked at 35 people that I know well personally - all family members or friends. Of this 35 people, all of us were previously fit and healthy, leading normal lives, then when the vaccine was rolled out,  27 of us (stupidly) decided to take the vaccine and the other 8 (sensibly) decided from day one that they would never willingly have this dangerous poison injected into their bodies.

Since then absolutely none of the 8 vaccine refusers  I know have suffered any serious health problems at all. 5 of them tested positive for Covid at various times and became a bit unwell for several days, but none of this 8 were seriously ill.

From the 27 of us who were vaccinated, the following has happened as a result of taking this jab.

I ( in my mid-60's),had a bleed on the brain, developed several brain lesions and partially lost some of my eyesight. I have since been diagnosed as having  RRMS (relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis).This is a life-changing, debilitating condition.

My brother (in his early 60's) ,developed a life-threatening aortic aneurysm and was only saved by emergency surgery. He survived, but is still very frail and will never fully recover.

A close friend (in her 60's)  has developed severe arthritis and joint pain

A friend's daughter (aged just 26) developed a brain tumour and had to have major surgery to cut it out. Again she survived, but has been left permanently disabled.   

How can it be that all the people I know who didn't have the jab have suffered no health problems, but so many of us who were vaccinated have suffered from major, life changing health problems? Is it all just coincidence? Whatever lies the government tells us and whatever 'the science' says, I remain convinced that the covid jab is a dangerous  poison and that those of us who willingly took it are fools and are paying for our foolishness by the loss of our health

2 hours ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

My personal experience has been very different from hackey lad's. I've looked at 35 people that I know well personally - all family members or friends. Of this 35 people, all of us were previously fit and healthy, leading normal lives, then when the vaccine was rolled out,  27 of us (stupidly) decided to take the vaccine and the other 8 (sensibly) decided from day one that they would never willingly have this dangerous poison injected into their bodies.

Since then absolutely none of the 8 vaccine refusers  I know have suffered any serious health problems at all. 5 of them tested positive for Covid at various times and became a bit unwell for several days, but none of this 8 were seriously ill.

From the 27 of us who were vaccinated, the following has happened as a result of taking this jab.

I ( in my mid-60's),had a bleed on the brain, developed several brain lesions and partially lost some of my eyesight. I have since been diagnosed as having  RRMS (relapsing/remitting multiple sclerosis).This is a life-changing, debilitating condition.

My brother (in his early 60's) ,developed a life-threatening aortic aneurysm and was only saved by emergency surgery. He survived, but is still very frail and will never fully recover.

A close friend (in her 60's)  has developed severe arthritis and joint pain

A friend's daughter (aged just 26) developed a brain tumour and had to have major surgery to cut it out. Again she survived, but has been left permanently disabled.   

How can it be that all the people I know who didn't have the jab have suffered no health problems, but so many of us who were vaccinated have suffered from major, life changing health problems? Is it all just coincidence? Whatever lies the government tells us and whatever 'the science' says, I remain convinced that the covid jab is a dangerous  poison and that those of us who willingly took it are fools and are paying for our foolishness by the loss of our health

No one doubts your health experiences but it doesn't automatically follow that they were anything to do with the Covid jab.

My experiences show the exact opposite in which almost everyone I know had the jab and none of them suffered any more than a sore arm  -  most suffered nothing.

Plenty of people in my life have had extremely tragic health occurrences but these were all before Covid jab days.  None of them after Covid.

You are entitled to believe anything you like but  your experience doesn't actually prove anything except,  that  anything can happen to anybody for no apparent reason whether you have jabs or not.

• Like 3

I was doing a little research on the thinking of people around the time (29 March 2020) I was banned by SF for stating (correctly) that kids were at no significant risk from Covid.

These are some of the comments from a Youtube video of one of the Downing St Covid briefings, Robert Jenrick states "the virus is indiscriminate" , proving beyond doubt the government (and SF moderators at that time) were deliberately, and unnecessarily, whipping up fear:

My son works as an instalation [sic] engineer for phones/ Internet - he is being sent into homes where people are self isolating or showing symptoms ,but still being told he has to go into homes! He has a very young family and is worried sick about them as he at increased risk to get it and infect his family  - very ,very wrong !

no they are not safe when a 13 and 19 year olds have died, and people in 20 and 30's.  One young death is too many; what is the matter with you!

(NB safe is a relative word, even at that time kids were literally at more risk from death from falling down the stairs)

Edited by Chekhov

19 hours ago, RJRB said:

>>Chekhov said: Exactly !  You agree with them restricting my freedoms (despite having no evidence to back up your position).<<

That is basically how any society works

I agree that it how society works these days, and that is why modern life is rubbish, an d will get more and more rubbish as time marches on. It's certain. 

19 hours ago, Delayed said:

>>Chekhov said: Exactly !  You agree with them restricting my freedoms (despite having no evidence to back up your position).<<

So me agreeing with law, order and safety is equivalent to me restricting your life and somehow not living in a free society? 

That's a strawman argument.

And, incidentally, this statement of fact (You agree with them restricting my freedoms (despite having no evidence to back up your position)) equally applies to much of what they did during Covid.

It's all pretty much the same cobblers, banning me videoing my child at a swimming gala to forcing schoolkids to wear masks :

(6 Jan 22) Covid: Evidence on face masks in schools 'inconclusive'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-59895934
Edited by Chekhov