Home Office Vacancies

Hi,

Has anyone worked in the Home Office based around the Wicker area?

I'm due to start job hunting soon and I'm looking at that as one of my places to potentially apply but interested to know more practical day-to-day responsibilities (the work sounds fairly repetitive which I wouldn't say no to, or does it more thinking and problem solving?)I would be doing and what type of shifts are available to balance around childcare.

Any information would be most helpful.

Thanks!

i imagine the Home Office has many many distinct roles going. In fact i know they do.  The practical day-to-day responsibilities will depend on which role you apply for. 

I would think the practical day-to-day responsibilities of someone taking telephone enquiries will be somewhat different to the head of data engineering, for example.  

I worked there for 18 years between 2005 and March this year when I resigned due to what the place has become. It's a complete shambles. The place is obsessed with non-issues such as LGBT and 'racism' amongst other things and has been taken over by left wing activists. Meanwhile nothing actually works because so many people are employed in roles which they just aren't up to.

Edited by Vrsaljko

13 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

I worked there for 18 years between 2005 and March this year when I resigned due to what the place has become. It's a complete shambles. The place is obsessed with non-issues such as LGBT and 'racism' amongst other things and has been taken over by left wing activists.

Under Suella Braverman? That does surprise me.... Still if she spent a little less time wallowing in the back waters in her attempts to ingratiate herself with the gutter press and the Conservative Party base, and more time spear heading the organisation she's supposed to be head of, then maybe it would be more effective.

58 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Under Suella Braverman? That does surprise me.... Still if she spent a little less time wallowing in the back waters in her attempts to ingratiate herself with the gutter press and the Conservative Party base, and more time spear heading the organisation she's supposed to be head of, then maybe it would be more effective.

I don't see how that has any relevance. The rot set in there long before Suella Braverman appeared on the scene. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mister M said:

Has Braverman been in her job that long ?

On 17/10/2023 at 22:16, hackey lad said:

Has Braverman been in her job that long ?

We have had 13 years of Tory Home Secretaries though.