One Four One Bar, West Street - Avoid

Irene Swaine

8 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

@HeHasRisenI admit I am suspicious of this topic, but does everyone carry a passport when on a night out? - I certainly wouldn't be doing so, losing it could be costly.

More details are needed.

I dunno, that has merit. Students are less likely to have a driving license, and venues have Challenge 21/25 responsibilities. Most students are under 21. Therefore they need some ID and a passport is going to be the thing many of them will have. They wont want to be denied access whilst all their mates with passports get in.

Someone mine and your age certainly wont bother.

Venue does look to be skewed to the younger demographic - "Late Bar in the City Centre playing the best in RnB, Hip Hop, Commercial, Afro Beats and Funky House". It may be their policy to ID absolutely everyone.

8 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

They told me. 

In which case you should have asked to have seen a copy of their ICO accreditation.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

I dunno, that has merit. Students are less likely to have a driving license, and venues have Challenge 21/25 responsibilities. Most students are under 21. Therefore they need some ID and a passport is going to be the thing many of them will have. They wont want to be denied access whilst all their mates with passports get in.

Someone mine and your age certainly wont bother.

In which case you should have asked to have seen a copy of their ICO accreditation.

And I would avoid the place like the plague - if was a drinker, which I'm not. (highlighted bit)

And asked why they were retaining it - not necessary, IMO. (underlined bit)

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And I would avoid the place like the plague - if was a drinker, which I'm not. (highlighted bit)

And asked why they were retaining it - not necessary, IMO. (underlined bit)

I suspect they are allowed to if they have approval from the ICO. Irene can always give Licensing a ring if she has concerns.

As said, its a common enough thing now.

https://www.college.police.uk/support-forces/practices/id-scan-identifying-people-banned-licensed-premises

Boils down to what do you have to hide really doesnt it.

"The information of each ID is stored on a secure database in line with GDPR requirements, with the premises themselves being the data controller."

Irene wont be going to Tank either then.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I suspect they are allowed to if they have approval from the ICO. Irene can always give Licensing a ring if she has concerns.

https://www.college.police.uk/support-forces/practices/id-scan-identifying-people-banned-licensed-premises

Fair enough, although I haven't heard of anywhere else doing it - if it was widespread, surely there would have bee questions earlier?

It does.

18 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

"The information of each ID is stored on a secure database in line with GDPR requirements, with the premises themselves being the data controller."

Irene wont be going to Tank either then.

Why are they so keen to store people's details? This isn't a government body, it's a private businesses. 

I didn't have a drink there. I read a sign which said about what they are doing outside when it was closed. I would never go to a bar like this and I don't know what/where The Tank is.

Edited by Irene Swaine