I Identify As A Circle

Just now, Irene Swaine said:

I say! If everyone all agreed and had the same opinion, it would be very dull.

OK - I agree we don't all have the same opinion, but there is no  need for some of the mud-slinging/bad language and pure unpleasantness that some display. And what 'you' say is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

OK - I agree we don't all have the same opinion, but there is no  need for some of the mud-slinging/bad language and pure unpleasantness that some display. And what 'you' say is irrelevant.

I have not seen any bad language on this forum and I am over 700 posts in. It's also hypocritical to comment on unpleasantness and then go on to say what I say is irrelevant.

10 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

I have not seen any bad language on this forum and I am over 700 posts in. It's also hypocritical to comment on unpleasantness and then go on to say what I say is irrelevant.

You obviously didn't the abuse/masked swearing/unmasked swearing that caused a large number of topics to be deleted when a number of us pointed this out, and obviously haven't noticed the absence of a number of the culprits, then.

You appeared to be encouraging the use of abuse in debate, so I replied with a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment - tough if you can't take it, but you did go on to say -  post #33 'I don't take anything that is said on here personally.'

Edited by RollingJ

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

appeared to be encouraging the use of abuse in debate,

I certainly haven't. I think very carefully about what I post.

1 minute ago, Irene Swaine said:

I certainly haven't. I think very carefully about what I post.

Copied from post #33 - again - 'Forums are supposed to have heated debate'. Heated OK - but they don't need to descend into abuse.

5 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

You obviously didn't the abuse/masked swearing/unmasked swearing that caused a large number of topics to be deleted when a number of us pointed this out, and obviously haven't noticed the absence of a number of the culprits, then.

You appeared to be encouraging the use of abuse in debate, so I replied with a slightly tongue-in-cheek comment - tough if you can't take it, but you did go on to say -  post #33 'I don't take anything that is said on here personally.'

My bold

And good riddance too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold

And good riddance too.

Yup!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

that caused a large number of topics to be deleted when a number of us pointed this out

if you are wondering where all the interesting threads went, this is your answer

Edited by fools
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fools said:

if you are wondering where all the interesting threads went, this is your answer

So they were only interesting because they were full of abuse and foul language ? Doesn't say much for your standards, does it?

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

So they were only interesting because they were full of abuse and foul language ? Doesn't say much for your standards, does it?

look inwards before throwing out wild accusations, quite the hypocrite when it suits

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fools said:

look inwards before throwing out wild accusations, quite the hypocrite when it suits

But true .

Just now, hackey lad said:

But true .

try a sentence