What Happened To All The Shoe Shops ?

Now that I think about it, I haven't been in a shoe shop for decades.   They must still exist but I don't remember noticing one  for years.   Do the assistants still bring you a few boxes to try ?     I remember  Dolcis ,  Timpsons  and  Langtons at Hillsborough.     Twenty nine and eleven was the average price for ladies' shoes,   nine and eleven for a pair of plimsolls.     One pair of shoes had to do for everything , so your dad would mend them or you had to put a piece of cardboard in them.            No trainers then,  in fact I've never owned a pair.

there either online or most only want trainers ,theres a few like the 2 big ones on the moor,i found 1 is a cheapo shoe shop with the other next to the market on the corner and thats great in my opinion

There are loads of shoe shops around 🤔

Wynsors, Skechers, Clarks, Pavers, Shoezone... then there's the shoe sections in shops such as JD Sports or Sports Direct.
You can still ask for different sizes to try on too 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

There are loads of shoe shops around 🤔

Wynsors, Skechers, Clarks, Pavers, Shoezone... then there's the shoe sections in shops such as JD Sports or Sports Direct.
You can still ask for different sizes to try on too 🤷‍♂️

Deichmann on The Moor too, although my last two pairs from there haven't lasted long so I don't go there anymore. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Deichmann on The Moor too, although my last two pairs from there haven't lasted long so I don't go there anymore. 

I'm a Skechers fan personally, the memory foam comfort has spoiled me for other shoes now 😂

Although recently I've had issues trying to find suitable ones in my size, so I may have to seek out alternatives next time my trainers fall apart.

• Like 1

I've got two left feet...

Does anybody know a shoe shop that sells  Flip Flips ?

• Haha 1

I didn't know Skechers had an actual shop,  thought it was just a brand.        Looks like I need to get out more  ..........

Dolcis and Ravel on Fargate, and Saxone on High Street.  All your 80s white stiletto and slingback needs catered for. 

And Rebina in the Castle Market for the pointy buckled flats.

I always get my shoes from Charles Clinkard in Meadowhall and buy online for trainers.

34 minutes ago, lovelace said:

I didn't know Skechers had an actual shop,  thought it was just a brand.        Looks like I need to get out more  ..........

There's one down the Moor, and one in Meadowhell 👍

• Like 1

Or there was always the Friday morning grovel market where my daughters used to go.   

Blacks and Trespass on the Moor do a nice range of walking boots, sandals etc.